Beretta pistols?

This is a discussion on Beretta pistols? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Cheesewiz Stoeger Cougar which is basically a Beretta Stoeger is a subsidiary of Beretta (as is Benelli and a number of others), ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Beretta pistols?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesewiz View Post
    Stoeger Cougar which is basically a Beretta
    Stoeger is a subsidiary of Beretta (as is Benelli and a number of others), so some may still consider the Cougar to be a Beretta. Regardless whether it's a "Beretta" proper, it's a great gun.

2. Remove Ads

I bought a px-4sub compact yesterday. This is my first cc pistol and I haven't even had the chance to fire it yet. I loved the way it fit my hand. It seems like a chunk to carry so if you guys have suggestions for a holster to carry with I would love to hear them.

Quote Originally Posted by gman1987 View Post
    I bought a px-4sub compact yesterday. This is my first cc pistol and I haven't even had the chance to fire it yet. I loved the way it fit my hand. It seems like a chunk to carry so if you guys have suggestions for a holster to carry with I would love to hear them.
    I carry mine in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. Black on black.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found raped and dead in an alley, strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker took two to the chest.

Beretta pistols?

I have a SC PX4 9mm and a .40 full size. They are great, fit my hands well and are really smooth. However they are a little chunky and have been relegated to range/home defense duty. The Lc9 has taken the sd role for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant48 View Post
    Stoeger is a subsidiary of Beretta (as is Benelli and a number of others), so some may still consider the Cougar to be a Beretta. Regardless whether it's a "Beretta" proper, it's a great gun.
    In the 1990s, the Stoeger company was purchased by Finnish rifle manufacturer Sako. In 2000, Sako was acquired by Beretta Holding S.p.A. At that time, Stoeger Industries was placed under the ownership of Benelli USA, where it remains today as a member of the Benelli USA family of companies. The technology and expertise of Benelli USA are integral to Stoeger’s manufacturing processes.

The Stoeger Cougars are manufactured in Turkey for labor costs now but of course on Beretta Machinery. Many of the parts on my Stoeger are stamped Beretta. I just didn't want to get into all the history stuff.

Among the new crop of compact, lightweight semi-automatic pistols designed for the armed citizen who carries concealed is the Beretta Nano, a polymer-frame, single-stack semi-automatic pistol made in the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyb View Post
    I have a SC PX4 9mm and a .40 full size. They are great, fit my hands well and are really smooth. However they are a little chunky and have been relegated to range/home defense duty. The Lc9 has taken the sd role for me.
    I'm kind of worried about the size of it myself. I'm going to try carrying for a while and hope I can make it work. Otherwise I'll have to find a little .380 to carry around. I don't have the $$ to keeo buying until I get it right.

Beretta pistols?

Quote Originally Posted by gman1987 View Post
    I'm kind of worried about the size of it myself. I'm going to try carrying for a while and hope I can make it work. Otherwise I'll have to find a little .380 to carry around. I don't have the $$ to keeo buying until I get it right.
    Yeah that was me. I love the feel and they are really nice to shoot not to mention have not malfunctioned not one time no matter what ammo I have fed them. The balance and ergonomics I really like but being a double stack they are both simply to "thick" for every day carry. I looked at a .380 LCP but the round didn't impress me and the LC9 was a natural fit for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 96 A1.
    great to shoot, low recoil,, a true pleasure as a range gun/

would not consider as a carry ,, way ,way to big and heavy ..
    Last edited by PAT FINN; January 1st, 2013 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mbecks21 View Post
    I have not heard much about the Beretta pistols lately, if ever. Seems to me the don't come up in normal conversations as much as say the Glock and Sig. Are the still a household name? My wife wants a new gun (not to carry) and I would like a compact handgun to carry when it warms up. I was looking at this Beretta Nano.
    Deprecated Browser Error
    Does anyone carry this gun or any other Beretta compact?
    Whats your opinions?Thanks!
    One of my favorite BUGs is a Beretta 950. :)
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Hunter View Post
    I carry a Beretta 9000s (13 years). The DA trigger sucks, but it is very accurate and has never had a failure. I am use to the long trigger pull. My pistol that I carried in the USMC was the Beretta 92 9mm, it was also very accurate and had very few failures ( with thousands of rounds fired). The most common failure that we trained for was a stove pipe.
    I'm glad your experience was better than mine. I like Beretta and I had a 9000S for around a year.
    I found it to be an extremely comfortable, ridiculously accurate gun. I could rapid fire tight shots with no problem and it just fit my hand perfect.

The bad: The gun LOVED 9mm FMJ's at the range, regardless of brand, but I could never get it to feed Hydrashoks, HST's or any defense round I tried without FREQUENT FTF and FTE's.
    It pained me to sell it, but how can you keep a weapon you don't trust in a defense situation with self defense rounds?

My friend had the same gun and experienced the same problems. Glad it has not been an issue for you.

Quote Originally Posted by PAT FINN View Post
    I have a 96 A1.
    great to shoot, low recoil,, a true pleasue as a range gun/

would not consider as a carry ,, way ,way to big and heavy ..
    The 96A1 is an outstanding Beretta piece. I'll own one someday as an additional home/in vehicle gun.
    Like you said, not really a carry option unless you're wearing a padded down parka in Siberia, lol

I also have the Cx4 Storm in 40 S&W ,, I purchased the mag adapter to accept the 96A1 mags ..

this is my office at work BUG gun .. like the ability to carry the same bullets / magazines for both carbine and pistol..

Quote Originally Posted by linuss View Post
    If you never fired the Nano, then you can't talk with any sort of authority regarding bore axis. Just like how people complain about it being "off center" when unloaded, it gets balanced when loaded. As for the bore axis, it fires nothing like a gun with a high bore axis.
    Agreeing with you linuss.....Held the Nano and Shield and the Nano just felt "better" .. The top heavy will help on the recoil and the lack of a slide stop/safety made it an easier pick for me. Excellent American made pocket/cc pistol.

My wife has the PX4 subcompact and loves it. I have size large hands and with the flip-down magazine base, I can get full purchase on it.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

I just picked up a new PX4 Storm sub compact Model F, with 2 13 rd mags. Feels good and is accurate.
    "I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." The Shootist (1976)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links