Beretta pistols?

This is a discussion on Beretta pistols? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have not heard much about the Beretta pistols lately, if ever. Seems to me the don't come up in normal conversations as much as ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Beretta pistols?

Beretta pistols?

I have not heard much about the Beretta pistols lately, if ever. Seems to me the don't come up in normal conversations as much as say the Glock and Sig. Are the still a household name? My wife wants a new gun (not to carry) and I would like a compact handgun to carry when it warms up. I was looking at this Beretta Nano.

Deprecated Browser Error

Does anyone carry this gun or any other Beretta compact?
    Whats your opinions?

Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

I carry a Beretta 9000s (13 years). The DA trigger sucks, but it is very accurate and has never had a failure. I am use to the long trigger pull. My pistol that I carried in the USMC was the Beretta 92 9mm, it was also very accurate and had very few failures ( with thousands of rounds fired). The most common failure that we trained for was a stove pipe.

Generally, I like Beretta, but not for their polymer pistols. I looked into the Nano, but was turned off by its high bore axis and just not fitting my hand right. I decided on a Walther PPS instead and am happy with the choice.

Beretta PX4 Compact, here. Feels good, shoots great! It is my EDC pistol. I don't know if the rotary barrel actually reduces felt recoil, but I know it feels much better than my FNX, and almost as good as my CZ.

Approx 600 rounds through it, almost all reloads, no failures of any kind.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

VIP Member
    Shot the Beretta M9 (92F) while in the military, was not impressed with the gun. Have never given Beretta consideration when looking for a carry gun.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Another Nano owner here with no problems with Beretta. The gun is excellent for CC. Try one out, if possible, and then go with your gut feeling. Good luck!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Thanks for the replies! My wife held a nano today at the gun show. She liked it, but she really likes the kahr cm9 and the s&w snubbies. Decisions decisions.

I have owned several Berettas. They always went bang. My only complaint was that they were huge.
    Archie likes this.

My only experience with Beretta pistols is with the 92FS. Bought my first one in 1989 and another several years later.

Both are accurate, easy to shoot well, reliable to a fault (with all the fmj/jhp ammo I've put through them), point naturally, have good balance and are easy to take down and clean.

Also, for about $550.00 I consider them a great value for the money.

They are full sized pistols but not that huge IMO. Good luck OP.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

I'm partial to my Berettas but I went with the S&W Shield for my carry piece. I wanted the external slide lock and safety. Just my preference

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Hunter View Post
    I carry a Beretta 9000s (13 years). The DA trigger sucks, but it is very accurate and has never had a failure. I am use to the long trigger pull. My pistol that I carried in the USMC was the Beretta 92 9mm, it was also very accurate and had very few failures ( with thousands of rounds fired). The most common failure that we trained for was a stove pipe.
    I used to carry the 9000S in 9mm for several years. I still have the gun which now sits in the safe.
    Never had a problem with it...doesn't have the best reviews, but I always liked the gun...still do.
    It was dependable and accurate.
    Don't hear many talk about them much.

On of my first guns was the Beretta 92 G/SD...that was also a great gun, but a bit heavy.

To the OP...
    I've always heard good things about Beretta.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Getting ready to purchase a PX4, beautiful gun. If you were considering a Beretta I would definitly consider the Storm, the subcompact looks kinda silly to me but the Compact and fullsize are gorgeous and effective. I have yet to ready any negative reviews or with the friends i have that own them any of them complain.

The Nano has a few complains, alot of failure to ejects. Its boxy but otherwise a quality piece. Beretta is an amazing pistol period.
    darbo and Philly Boy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by krisspy View Post
    I looked into the Nano, but was turned off by its high bore axis and just not fitting my hand right.
    If you never fired the Nano, then you can't talk with any sort of authority regarding bore axis. Just like how people complain about it being "off center" when unloaded, it gets balanced when loaded. As for the bore axis, it fires nothing like a gun with a high bore axis.

I've owned a couple of Berettas in my life. Years ago it was a 92S, when they first hit the market (1981?). It's long gone. About four years ago I bought a PX4 in 45 ACP (full size). Both are excellent guns. And although I've been happy with both guns and have never needed customer service, I've read of too many woes with their CS. Frankly, there's better gun companies out there, but their quality ranks high.
    "Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." ~ Mark Twain

I don't have any experience with the Nano but I have owned a fullsize PX4, 9mm for a couple of years and have several thousand reliable rounds through it. Plus I use it for IDPA AND USPSA competitions so it gets plenty of use. The PX4 is a fantastic fit in my hand.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links