Want List incompatible with my Need List

This is a discussion on Want List incompatible with my Need List within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by godawgs82 Look at the Kimber Solo STS....near perfect 9mm carry gun (as long as you use recommended ammo: 124gr or 147gr). Mine ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Want List incompatible with my Need List

Quote Originally Posted by godawgs82 View Post
    Look at the Kimber Solo STS....near perfect 9mm carry gun (as long as you use recommended ammo: 124gr or 147gr). Mine is the standard Solo and has not had a single misfire and shoots incredibly well.
    The STS is all metal gun except the grip sides which you can customize as I did. See this review for details. IMO, a great pocket carry gun.
    I did check out the Kimber Solo at my local shop. A sweet looking gun to be sure, but it didn't feel comfortable in my hand or point well for me. I wish it was otherwise because it was at the top of my list until I held it.

2. Remove Ads

I don't want any of those guns. But if I had to pick one - it would be the Kahr.

Get a Glock.

Austin

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Of all you listed, I am a sucker for the PPK.
    I am the same. I have an Interarms PPK/S and have fired it a lot over the many years without any failures whatsoever. As the first shot is DA only, (presuming you carry it this way) the safeties aren't really an issue.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

Nice wishlist. However I have to recommend you fill your holster first. What are you going to carry every day is the most important decision. If you poll the folk on the board I think you'll find that they have only 2-3 (max) guns they may carry depending on their clothing needs and/or some other personal criteria.

Look at your list again. You have several in the same size range. Why? You only need one subcompact carry weapon. And before anyone says it, if you're going to carry a BUG you can probably carry something slightly larger as you primary, IMO. So my personal opinion is one sub compact that can be uses as a BUG or pocket carry when nothing else can be concealed. Take your pick of what you listed but I have to agree I'd suggest a 9mm even if it is a little harder to shoot that a .380.

Next is you primary. Compact to small mid-size. I hear a lot of good things about the Kahrs and Glocks but I went with a M&Pc. Momma Bear carries the PPS.

Home defence-gimme-everything-you-can-so-I-can-get-to-the-shotgun: A good full size .40-.45 that can take the largest mag you can find.

After that you can go for wahatever you want to play with and trust me when I say that my wishlist is also alittle long, I just don't "need" any of them yet...
    I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell47 View Post
    Look at your list again. You have several in the same size range. Why? You only need one subcompact carry weapon.
    the OP's list is not a "Need" list, it's a "want" list. I, too, want a PPK in stainless steel. The pistol just oozes class. The DA is heavy, which is great for CC, and the SA trigger is AWESOME. I which all compact guns come with a trigger like that. However, the PPK in .380 is not too much fun to shoot. Consider the .380 is a weaker round, the felt recoil is sharp. I think it'd be hard to say no to it if I do find a PPK .32 in SS...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links