Want List incompatible with my Need List
I'm sure this is the same story for most of us here. I'm in the market for the perfect CC handgun, but at this pont of my search I just like too many of them. I'm like a kid in a candy store that wants everything, but can afford much less, and am paralyzed with indecision.
First of all I'm an all-metal guy. Though I see the value of polymer guns, they do nothing for me. There is just something about the heft and feel of an all-metal gun that, for me, is lost with a polymer gun. For me it's more than picking the right tool for the job, it's about the love affair too. I'm sure many of you know what I mean. Second, my preferred calibers are 9mm and .380. I don't get hung up on the debate as both will do the job when applied properly. So, with that all said here's my list in no particular order.
1. Walther PPK. A classic and sill relevant IMHO. If I get one it would be an Interarms version and not the S&W simply because I dislike the huge tang on the S&W version. I have small hands and slide bite is not an issue for me.
2. Bersa Thunder CC. Based on price and reputation alone it is hard to beat this one. In all my reading I've never heard a bad thing about a Bersa.
3. CZ Rami BD. I'm a big fan of CZ and my current carry gun is a CZ 82.
4. Sig 238/938. I prefer the 938, but my concern is that Sig slapped a longer barrel and slide on a gun designed around the .380. I need to research this a bit more. I have a Sig P6 for home defense and have had one stovepipe in 7 years because I limp-wristed a shot. Sig = Reliable.
5. Kahr MK9. I love the look and feel of this one. The only thing I don't like is no safety. I understand their argument that the long double action pull eliminates the need for a safety, but I disagree with that and I wish it had one.
6. Colt Mustang. Now that they're CNC'd out of bar stock, this gun finally is what it should have been when it was first manufactured.
7. Beretta Cheetah. Leave it to the Italians to make a gun reliable while being sexy as hell. You know that woman in the Fiat 500 commercial? The one that is scolding the slightly wimpy looking guy for staring at her? That woman is the Cheetah.
So...that's my list. Any one of those would make a great carry gun and it really comes down to personal preference. My "problem" is I want all of them for various reasons, but can only afford one. Glad I have the CZ 82 as I don't think I'll make my decision any time soon.