Opinions on first carry gun- SIG v. Glock

This is a discussion on Opinions on first carry gun- SIG v. Glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Dooger Agreed 100%...that small grip on a G26/G27 is a deal breaker for me. Thinking about dumping my G26 for that very ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Opinions on first carry gun- SIG v. Glock

Quote Originally Posted by Dooger View Post
    Agreed 100%...that small grip on a G26/G27 is a deal breaker for me. Thinking about dumping my G26 for that very reason...and buy a thrid G19.
    So, get a 5/8" Pearce grip extension. It will give you a pinky rest that feels much like the Glock 23 grip.
    I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

2. Remove Ads

Well, I made a purchase today. I hope and think that after all the research I've done that this gun will serve me well and do everything that I want it to.

MamaMaria likes this.

Good Choice. G36 has been my EDC for 4+ years. It will serve you well!

Congratulations! Looks nice, thanks for the pictures. I think it ticks off all the boxes as far as your needs and wants. Let us know how she shoots!
    EDC--XD9 Service and/or XDs-45 depending on my mood
    Soon-to-be new mama to a S&W 66-2 4"

You are going to LOVE that '36'...you two are going to become lifelong friends.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Awesome, you can never go wrong with a Glock!
    I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

Quote Originally Posted by ddclancy View Post
    So, get a 5/8" Pearce grip extension. It will give you a pinky rest that feels much like the Glock 23 grip.
    If that was the case, I'd just buy another G19 and get another 5 rounds too!!!!! The grip extensions negate the whole idea of a subcompact....you'll figure it out.

I put 20 rounds through it yesterday and it feels REALLY good. I think I'm going to put some grip tape on it because it feels a little slippery when my hands are sweaty. Also, I'd like to get an extended slide release, but will that affect how it fits in my holster?

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    They both make great guns. See if you can find a range where you can rent both and give them a try. Buy the one that suits you best.

I put some tread tape on the handle today and did some more shooting. It feels a lot better in my hands now. Are the sights that come on it OK? I know I have only been shooting it for two days, but I feel like I might be more accurate if the rear U sight had a smaller gap. I read on trijicon's website that their rear site has a WIDER gap than the factory glock sight. Im guessing the wider gap makes it easier to aim fast but makes the shot a little harder to be accurate, is that right?

Good choice. I am a Glock fan myself. I carry a G33 myself
    S&W Bodyguard .380
    Glock 42
    Glock 26
    Glock 33
    Steyr M40

I purchased my G36 with Glock night sites which work really well. If you Google Glock night sites you will find several sites that sell them.

Did you make the cut outs yourself or did you purchase them already cut to fit?
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Just a thought. If you are looking for a light carry and are ok with 5 rounds you might look at the 357 caliber polymer revolvers. The hammer less s&w or LCR is a great carry choice. Also 357 accepts 38 +p. just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post
    I purchased my G36 with Glock night sites which work really well. If you Google Glock night sites you will find several sites that sell them.

Did you make the cut outs yourself or did you purchase them already cut to fit?

I cut them myself. I layed notebook paper over the grips and shaded the paper in with a pencil which left an outline of how I wanted to cut the paper. I then traced the notebook paper cutout on the back of the tread tape and cut it too.

I am already noticing that after two days the tread tape is scuffing and starting to fray the sewing on my IWB holster. I dont know if Im going to keep the tread tape since the holster was $70 and its already ruined...

VIP Member
    Not a Glock fan, I'll cast my vote for the Sig.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links