Found me a Ruger

This is a discussion on Found me a Ruger within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Nice! Those Pachmayrs will help tame recoil when shooting magnum loads. I had a 4" Security Six many years ago that I always regretted getting ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Found me a Ruger

Nice! Those Pachmayrs will help tame recoil when shooting magnum loads. I had a 4" Security Six many years ago that I always regretted getting rid of. I've got a 6" GP100 now that I really enjoy shooting.
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

I found a pristine Security Six some time ago. I bought it because of the looks. I bought a set of the bigger stocks (Ruger wood) for it and that made if handle a lot better, and added to the looks. I liked it a lot , but soon realized that the trigger was not very good. I did some polishing and finally got it smoother and lighter, but it was never as good as the GP100. So I sold it to a friend and bought another GP100. In my opinion the Security Six is a much better looking gun that the GP100 but is certainly doesn't shoot as good. Again just an opinion. One thing is for sure they are both overbuilt tough tanks!
    Yours is a fine example, shoot it and enjoy.
    K9, Colt 3 5 7
    Colt Python 6",4", 2.5"
    Sig P225
    Sig P239 SAS/DAK
    Colt Diamondback
    Colt Trooper .357

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    He looked at me with a straight face and said, "I thought having a .357 was like having a mailbox." That shamed me into finding my Security Six, a 6-inch stainless model..

^^^That there is a hoot^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by tntom View Post
    Attachment 66154

Looked up the serial number made in 1980.
    Most solid gun in my hand I have ever shot.
    I own Glock and S & W.

Beautiful!
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Really nice find
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

VIP Member
    Congrats on the find.

The Ruger Six series guns are hard to beat. Built to take anything you run through them and ask for more. I have both the Security and Speed Six in 2 3/4" barrel.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Found me a Ruger

As I said I had heard all about the triggers and was ready to have my hand gun guy to do a trigger job but the trigger on this gun is as good as my or any Other S&W I have ever shot. I think someone has done a trigger job on this gun and did a fine one. It's a much better trigger than I am a shooter.

One of my personal FAVORITES! I've never heard so much as an internet rumor of anyone ever having any mystery issue with a Ruger Security/Service/Speed Six. If you ever wear it out, I'll buy the remaining pieces at your full purchase price. Well Done!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links