Springfield XD-9 service

This is a discussion on Springfield XD-9 service within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Lots of people in security and law enforcement prefer glock pistols but they have never felt right in my hand. The best fit for my ...

Thread: Springfield XD-9 service

Springfield XD-9 service

Lots of people in security and law enforcement prefer glock pistols but they have never felt right in my hand. The best fit for my is the XD! I have happily carried a 4" XD-9 for the past four years both during private security jobs and while carrying concealed. The only addition I've made to the XD was a set of XS big dot night sites. Great or fast acquisition in both night and day. I have carried in Lonestar leather IWB and OWB holsters and recently ordered a crossbreed super tuck. I carry this loaded with federal HST 147gr JHP.

Who else carries an XD-9? What kind of leather and ammo. Happy New Years to all y'all!

-BTO-
    Last edited by Funkybassplayer; January 1st, 2013 at 05:32 PM.
    -BTO-

2. Remove Ads

Never used leather, but I carry in a Fricke Gideon Elite OWB when I have a decent cover garment or a Fricke Zach holster IWB and I can carry that under just a t-shirt. Winchester PDX1 124gr +P in the gun.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Kingtuk. Very Comfy. Speer Gold Dot 124gr. Probably getting something smaller for the summer months. But I'll never get rid of my XD!

I have the XD9 sub-compact and carry it (most often) in a Galco Kingtuk loaded with 147gr Golden Sabers. I love it and although I would like to try other carry options, I can't deny that this one works really well. My only other carry gun is my DB9 for deeper concealment.

Love my XD9 service. Bone stock right now; looking at upgrading to some Trijicon HD sights. I carry in either a Bianchi OWB or a Remora IWB (while at home). Current ammo is Underwood 147gr. and 124gr. +P. Got some Federal HST in 124 +P and 147 on order to try out as well.
    EDC--XD9 Service and/or XDs-45 depending on my mood
    Soon-to-be new mama to a S&W 66-2 4"

Love my XD-9 service model as a house gun and concealed carry. I use the crossbreed supertuck (shorts and t-shirt). I use the hornady critical duty +P. this is my only carry gun.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

i love my xd.. its not my primary carry gun now that i have an EMP....but it is a great gun that i use to carry in a pancake holster... i have a trigger job and a rail light mounted on it as it stays on my bedside table..

Made it out to the range the other day with a couple of coworkers. Decided to take some of my carry ammo, Federal HST 147gr, and see what kind of groups I could put on paper. The pic below was the best group at about 17yds. Ten rounds shot off-hand. The orange target is a 2" paster I believe. All of the groups averaged around this same size. Of course the one flyer was the final shot lol. On my XD I have a set of the XS Big Dot nite sites which I got for quick target aquisition in both day light and low light. These are by no means target sights but can be used in that sort of fashion if the shooter takes his/her time and does thier part.

Links