Opinion on two very different 1911s - Page 2

Opinion on two very different 1911s

This is a discussion on Opinion on two very different 1911s within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by jbonfadini I'm deciding with one I wand sig scorpion carry or kimber pro raptor with one would you choose, this will be ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Opinion on two very different 1911s

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by jbonfadini View Post
    I'm deciding with one I wand sig scorpion carry or kimber pro raptor with one would you choose, this will be 1911 number 29 for me I can't get enough of the dang things
    That's a bunch of 1911s, what are the 10 makes and models you've bought since October?
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Well, if she's ever looking for a friend, send he to my wife. She has her 642 and that's all she wants. She could use a little feminine convincing.

Good Lord. I should be so lucky......

Two Wilson's, a kimber cdp, Taurus with and without rail, danwesson gaurdian, rock island .... Ati fat boy " bought for the name lol" and I recived two ww2 colts from my grandfather. I sold a few guns and a couple ar15s so the cash was there just waited for the deals to swing my way

OD*
    Nice collection.

Would love to see the WWII Colt's sometime.
    jbonfadini likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

I think I'm going to buy the sig, he'll maybe both ill post pics tomorrow after I pick it up

There beautiful pistols

Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Kimbers are tremendous pistols and I do tend to covet mine. Shoot the carp out of it, but it is still my favorite pistol by far.
    Why do you think that there are fish in the Kimber? Let's say for argument's sake that there are fish in that Kimber...is shooting the best way to get them out? Wouldn't using a very small fishing pole or net be a neater and less smelly approach?

And for the OP....I don't think that there's a wrong answer.

I have 3 Sigs and would definitely get another (or a few) more. I have a 1911 Nightmare carry. The ONLY caveat with Sig 1911s is they decided to be different and built the slide slightly more square. Your Sig may not fit any of the leather you have for your other 1911s. I have a hybrid Old Faithful holster for mine and it fits beautifully, but when I checked out a few at the LGS the standard 1911 holsters did not fit the Sig.

Maybe a leather one will eventually get broken in? Maybe judicious application of heat could make a Kydex fit? I do not know and have not tried.

The Sig was my first 1911 so I can't really compare. I've fired a few rounds through an S&W and a Kimber, but not enough to have a very well-formed opinion. However, the Sig is sweet to shoot, so I'm happy.

I saw holsters can be a pain, ill have to order up a cross breed or something.... The sig looks and feels very well made!
    Ill post pics on what I decide to invest in

Quote Originally Posted by wsquared View Post
    Why do you think that there are fish in the Kimber? Let's say for argument's sake that there are fish in that Kimber...is shooting the best way to get them out? Wouldn't using a very small fishing pole or net be a neater and less smelly approach?

And for the OP....I don't think that there's a wrong answer.
    Apparently you've never had fish in your bbl. You sir, have no clue what you are talking about. Leave the fish ammo to us professionals.
    bgusty and wsquared like this.

VIP Member
    Not familiar with the Scorpion, but did own a RCS. Never had any problems with it. I'll cast my vote for the Sig.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

since SIG does not make a true "1911", the choice is easy.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

If you actually own that many 1911's, I doubt anyone on this forum has more experience than you, in order to offer said advice.

I carry a Kimber Ultra Raptor as my primary carry weapon, and have for a number of years. Yeah they have some issues (bad finish particularly), but I still love mine. If I were going to buy another, I'd send it off to Wally Birdsong and Associates and have the Black T treatment before I holstered it the first time. Good enough for our SEAL teams, it's good enough for me.

Good luck with #30. LOL Be Safe.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

I shot, fired examined Wilson, Kimber and others for a long while. I bought the sig tacops 1911 under 1K for a third the cost of the others I was considering. It's been the best 1911 I've ever fired or owned. The support from Sig is very good and as I have worked on the staff at local and state matches I've watched every level and brand of gun malfunction while my Sig has performed with remarkable consistency and no malfunctions. I shoot entire IDPA and USPSA matches with not one single fail to feed, eject, jam or anything. Sure I can MAKE the gun malfunction shooting crappy ammo or weak loads but as long as the ammo is reasonably good and loaded to at least 730fps or greater it's stone cold reliable, barrel locks in tight as hell and the accuracy gets comments from other competitors and the RO/SOs. I also practice every week with about 200-400 rounds plus about 600 per month in matches or events. I've put about 20K rounds through the Sig 1911 and the finish has not even worn off the slide rails yet. It basically still looks like a new gun. Not even holster wear and I've dry fired and dry holster practiced thousands of times. No idiot scratch on the frame and I'm not even careful when assembling. The finish is far superior to the Kimber black finish. Buy 3 sigs instead of one Kimber, shoot with pride. Carry it with confidence, own it with the knowledge you made a smart choice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links