Opinion on two very different 1911s

This is a discussion on Opinion on two very different 1911s within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm deciding with one I wand sig scorpion carry or kimber pro raptor with one would you choose, this will be 1911 number 29 for ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Opinion on two very different 1911s

Opinion on two very different 1911s

I'm deciding with one I wand sig scorpion carry or kimber pro raptor with one would you choose, this will be 1911 number 29 for me I can't get enough of the dang things

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Since I don't own a Sig 1911, have never owned a Sig 1911, but am a huge fan of Sig pistols I'd have to go with the Sig.
    jbonfadini likes this.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

I know sig makes a fine piston iv got the 229 228 and a pro model, I myself have not owed a sig 1911... I know iv had issues with kimbers but the raptor is purdy lol

Well, I don't know anything about the Kimber but my husband has a Sig Scorpion and loves it. He likes the way it feels and shoots, very accurate. It's one of 3 Sigs that he owns. The others are a P938 and a P238. Plus it's easier to strip and clean than his other 1911, an SA full-size stainless.

Administrator
    I'd buy the scorpion. If you already have 29 1911's, up don't need me to tell you why.
    bigmacque likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Shot many a Sig and they are great, great guns. But, I'd stick with the company that specializes in 1911's instead of one that makes a line of them. Kimbers are tremendous pistols and I do tend to covet mine. Shoot the carp out of it, but it is still my favorite pistol by far.
    jbonfadini likes this.

In other words, my vote goes for Kimber. Facepalm self...

I'm not really a Kimber guy. I vote Sig...

Austin

I have a Sig MK25 (SEAL variation of the P226 9mm) and I have an RCS 1911 (melt job on the C3 compact) and I love them both. I have CT Lasergrips on both. I regularly carry both depending on clothing needs and weather. I'm wearing the RCS right now and have been all day and will carry that tomorrow. It's kinda warm here in Miami, FL right now, so I'd like the lighter weight. Yet I also always carry a spare mag. 7rds of 45 in the mag is lighter than 18 in one of my Mec-Gar 9mm mags. I love them both. I don't carry any of my Colt 1911's because they're too big for south Florida. I haven't owned a Kimber, but my friends who have, have reported very spotty QC and a miserable repair shop and worse customer service. Just sayin'
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    I agree with SLO75 I own the same sigs as him and you can't go wrong with a scorpion, and I've had a few issues with my Kimber 1911 all have been worked out with breakin and using only kimber mags..
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

He's asking for opinions, so anyone who disagrees with my opinion for going with the Kimber is obviously wrong. Kidding.
    Actually, I'd try to shoot both before making an end decision. The Sig feel differently to me and I prefer the heft of the Kimber. Probably a LGS somewhere in your neighborhood that has a range and will allow you to try em both.

Just out of sheer curiosity-- how can you own 29 of these?? I'm guessing you are either not married or you're REALLY good at hiding em. Even my wife would start to notice if I had an entire closet full of 1911's.
    Jealous for sure.

I do have a few kimbers my ultra carry eats anything warrior and tle can be a pain, iv never had to deal with sig customer service but I hear good things kimbers cs sucks! I do however like the way the scorpion looks very clean, I'm not however a fan of external extractors on 1911

Lol she my wife also likes them, she owns 3 and carries an emp in 40...... I'm blessed her words are if we have the extra cash buy one lol

Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Just out of sheer curiosity-- how can you own 29 of these?? I'm guessing you are either not married or you're REALLY good at hiding em. Even my wife would start to notice if I had an entire closet full of 1911's.
    Jealous for sure.
    lol
    bigmacque likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links