Need advice on purchasing handgun before proposed AWB

This is a discussion on Need advice on purchasing handgun before proposed AWB within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by JDavisArk To heck with any proposed anything. You should already be doing what's best for you. Forget the BS now. Shouldn't force ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need advice on purchasing handgun before proposed AWB

Quote Originally Posted by JDavisArk View Post
    To heck with any proposed anything. You should already be doing what's best for you. Forget the BS now. Shouldn't force your hand into anything you might regret later.
    I already have my daily carry and my wife's daily carry. I am simply trying to decide if I should get a full sized 9mm now with 17 round mags while they are still available/reasonably priced or getting opinions from others about whether the availability/pricing will even be an issue. I will regret none of the guns later because I have hoped to get a full sized 9mm and a pocket sized 40 for awhile now anyways.

Best bet is to just get the magazines you want now - if you can find them - and hope they do not incorporate semi-auto pistols, like the M&P series. I'd also consider the compact M&P since it will support the short mag and full size mag. You can even get the x-grip extension so the mag doesn't stick out. With full mag, the main difference will be barrel length.
    Good call. I have tossed this idea around as well. Purchase the 9mm mags and get the gun itself later on. I haven't looked too much yet, but I'm guessing the 17 round mags are probably gone everywhere too just like glock mags.

2. Remove Ads

Need advice on purchasing handgun before proposed AWB

This may sound silly or not but what I did was buy 2 of every mag of the guns I thought I wanted to purchase in the next few years. Worst that could happen is I don't need them and sell them. I know it's hard to do something like that but I had a plan for my gun purchases before all this ban talk started. Waaaay before. So I had a real good idea of what I wanted to add to the collection.
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

VIP Member
    Rare is the true crisis requiring immediate separation of cash from wallet. Take your time and think about what you really want. Delaying a purchase for a few days or weeks is seldom a bad idea.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links