Colt Officers .45- replacement? - Page 2

Colt Officers .45- replacement?

This is a discussion on Colt Officers .45- replacement? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A SIG 1911 Compact RCS would be a good one to look at. Alloy Officer frame, stainless Commander slide. 8 rounds (7+1). Mine and all ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Colt Officers .45- replacement?

A SIG 1911 Compact RCS would be a good one to look at. Alloy Officer frame, stainless Commander slide. 8 rounds (7+1). Mine and all the ones I have read about have been rock-solid reliable out of the box.
    NRA Life Member

Remember this is not a typical 1911. The Officers uses dual springs that Colt does not make anymore. I found Jack First gun shop in South Dakota that makes the parts for Officers. I ordered a spring set and spring plug. That way it keeps it original. Would still like something lighter. Mabe a Kimber Raptor Ultra or a Ruger SR40C. $500 or $1300. Mmmmmm we shal see.

Dan Wesson CCO......Extremely accurate and easy to carry!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    KBSR, that's the worst endorsement of a Kimber I've ever read.
    Hey, sometimes you gotta "keep it real".
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States.
    There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
    - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Sig P238/Sig 1911 Ultra/Beretta PX4 Storm/Kimber Ultra Carry II

StarPD45
    I'll trade you even up for my Star PD. Same size.
    Now you talk about something hard to get parts for, although I haven't needed any so far. Mags are the only problem. Most aftermarkets don't work well in it, and originals are hard to find. Got my last one at a gun show years ago.

VIP Member
    Dan Wesson CCO or the Dan Wesson Guardian.

CZ-USA -> Dan Wesson products
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maddawg46 View Post
    Remember this is not a typical 1911. The Officers uses dual springs that Colt does not make anymore. I found Jack First gun shop in South Dakota that makes the parts for Officers. I ordered a spring set and spring plug. That way it keeps it original. Would still like something lighter. Mabe a Kimber Raptor Ultra or a Ruger SR40C. $500 or $1300. Mmmmmm we shal see.
    I'm running a Wolff single spring in mine and it works just fine, it's a Clark custom gun and uses their reverse plug set up. I wouldn't trade mine for any other gun out there.
    “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

Quote Originally Posted by Maddawg46 View Post
    Have you looked in the Numrich site? I was in there last night and they had parts for older discontinued Colts.
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KBSR View Post
    BTW, have you checked Midway or Brownells for your parts? I'd bet they have everything you need to keep that Officer's model humming for years to come. Good luck, and welcome to the forum. Be safe.
    ^This +1.

If your gun is a shooter/carry gun and not a collectible, you should be able to find any parts you need, (plus lots you don't need).

Have you contacted Colt directly with any replacement parts issues? I have a first-year Colt OM(and it's been custom worked a few times over the years)so I know Ed Brown, Wilson's,EGW and other have parts for it also. Good luck and keep that piece!
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links