Desert Eagle 44Mag for carry?

This is a discussion on Desert Eagle 44Mag for carry? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This thread is worthless without pics. :-)...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Desert Eagle 44Mag for carry?

This thread is worthless without pics. :-)
    R040607 likes this.
    “Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” - Benjamin Franklin

2. Remove Ads

I can't think of a worse concealed carry gun. It's the complete opposite in every way of what you want in a CC gun.
    R040607 likes this.

I would think 50 yards+ would be hard to justify as selfdefense in a court of law....

I have a holster for my BFR in .450, I carry it while hunting Bear, lion &Elk. Rifle in 450 is my backup.

Distinguished Member Array Eric357's Avatar
    I love full size guns. But thats a monster. I've always wanted to try one of the DE .357(not for carry though).

Desert Eagle 44Mag for carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Topsider View Post
    This thread is worthless without pics. :-)
    Agreed.

Post a few pics showing how it can best be concealed please. I believe that may help you convince some to join your cause.

Is that .600 Nitro Express revolver the "gat" from Looper?

The best defensive weapon is the one you have... Carry whatever you want.
    I don't want to be a hero, but I'm sure not going to be a victim.

Hydrogen and human stupidty are the two most common elements on earth, not necessarily in that order. -- Albert Einstein

Too much gun for CCW, too expensive to practice with, and just a plain silly idea.

Other than that, I guess it's OK...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Carry it

Quote Originally Posted by JDavisArk View Post
    I humped mount MF back in 1982 with a full pack of C-Rats in the rain during RFTD USMC to the firing line. You let me know just how new you think I am....then we'll go all over it again. I'm just asking from the men. I'll end up doing what I please in the end. Just testing the waters.
    You watch the movies?
    Tell you what.....last Marine got shot and killed during a live fire exercise was when I was crawling through the mud under barbed wire and 9 feet away. I can't tell anyone not to stand up, but I can tell them when not to. If they don't heed my advice....it's their own fault.
    Amen. Thank you for your service. I have a small frame, 150+/- pounds and I carry mine using a leather holster for the belt. In the beginning, it was a little testy, but after a week or so I got use to it. I switch between that and a Sig Sauer P220 .45. It's really great when you switch to something smaller. The big hog leg makes everything else feel as though you're not carrying anything.

As for those that make comments that "you're new to this aren't you", or "what size is your truck", from a retired Paratrooper, they don't qualify to carry your water, especially someone that uses a Doonesbury avatar.

Carry it if you can use it well. Guaranteed, if you are EVER in a situation where you have to use it, you WILL clear the room. It will surely have the psychological impact much the same as a pump shotgun. I use to shoot mine on an outdoor range in Germany, and EVERYONE stopped and looked! It got everyone's attention.

Peace through superior fire power.

Already said.... if you can hide it shoot and feed it.... rock on with it. I would love to see some carry pics of it though. 6 inch barrel, huge grip..... I would have to carry it in a back pack lol.

Senior Moderator
    I've known a few people to carry the Desert Eagles in .44 and even one in .50. I've qualified some for the AR CHL that used that to shoot with.

All of them were 20 something, all of them thought it to be cool.

Several of them asked what I thought about it. I tell them all the same thing.

If thats what you want to do, more power to ya, its still a free country. Its not the best thing to conceal, and I use that term loosely, because even if its "hidden from plain view", that huge bulge under your shirt doesn't look anything like a cell phone,or anything else for that matter,it just looks like you are toting a big gun under your shirt.

At some point in the future, you'll wake up and come to the realization that for something that you hope you never have to use, it sure is a lot of weight to carry around. At the end of the day, your back is sore and probably out of alignment and you'll finally have some wonder if it really isn't worth the effort of toting a gun that weighs as much as some rifles.

Most people figure it out in less than a month. Others take a little longer and one that I know of finally went to something much easier after a year or so.

Carry it while you can, and while you are young and dumb. Like every other person I've known, you'll move to something that's a lot easier on your back and you'll cherish the days that you could do it.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Re: Desert Eagle 44Mag for carry?

I got into a convo with a guy on another forum about the merits of cc and my m1 garand.

If u can shoot it, afford ammo, can carry the monster, can CONCEAL the beast, why not? Sounds more like an adventure then a question to me. Let me know how that goes.

On a side note, how would u carry it? I'm pretty sure iwb holsters aren't widely available and owb would be REALLY hard to conceal...

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Re: Desert Eagle 44Mag for carry?

My buddy open carries a Ruger Redhawk 44 with the longer barrel...

In God and Glock we Trust

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I don't think I would take someone seriously who CC'ed a DE for self defense. Seems like either they are showing off or at best hadn't considered how, where and why a SD gun would be used. What if you are facing multiple adversaries? A DE would not be fast into action and certainly isn't quick to move to a second or third target. They aren't known as the most reliable guns out there, even on a one way range.

Have you considered overpenetration of the .44 mag round? It more than likely won't be stopping in your target.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links