Would you prefer a .22LR or a .25 ACP? - Page 3

Would you prefer a .22LR or a .25 ACP?

This is a discussion on Would you prefer a .22LR or a .25 ACP? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My advise is don't waste your money on one of them. Use it to buy more ammo....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Would you prefer a .22LR or a .25 ACP?

VIP Member
    My advise is don't waste your money on one of them. Use it to buy more ammo.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    That's the bigger .380 version of their tip-up barrel line.
    Actually the Cheetah came in 32 ACP, 380 and 22 LR.

The Tomcat was another tip-up barrel model.
    NRA Life Member

22lr. CCI Velocitor is the best round IMO. CCI Ammunition - Product Detail
    “Owning a handgun doesn’t make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.” Jeff Cooper

http://carniakcustom.com/

22 long rifle ....love my S&W 2213 :) and CCI Stingers, Velocitors, or Mini Mags ....! Just my personal choice . The cheap bulk stuff does not like to cycle in my Smith . Never had a issue with CCI

Given the choice between the two, I'd probably opt for the .22LR like the majority of the folks on here. I'd probably save my money and by a Ruger Bull barrel though, so you could actually hit something you were shooting at.

Believe Brad commented about buying ammo instead, and that really makes more sense than either small piece. Even in an EOTWAWKI situation, ammo will be better barter material than a cheap handgun, that isn't reliable.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Nobody has suggested "a medium sized rock"...
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    Not that I am likely to carry this weapon.. but I'm trying to buy a few more semi-auto guns over the next week or two just in case some ridiculous laws get passed. I've always sort of wanted one of those el-cheapo Phoenix Arms guns that you can get for like $125. For some reason I was thinking they were all .25ACP, but I realized when looking online today that they come in both calibers. Now I'm scratching my head as to which is better. Since it is the same gun, only different caliber, I'm trying to make a decision. I realize the .22LR ammo is much cheaper, but I doubt I'll be putting hundreds of rounds through it at the range, so the price isn't really that important. On the same token, I probably won't be carrying it much (if ever) as a self-defense weapon so reliability isn't really all that important either. So I'm pretty much back at square one. What are people's opinion between the two calibers?
    Definitely 22 over 25. It can be used in semi-autos, revolvers, and rifles. Cheap practice. If you're going to spend the money on a 22 semi-auto for fun and or practice, then go ahead and spend a few more bucks and get a Browning Buckmark of Ruger Mark. If you want something that has the look and feel of a carry gun rather than a target gun, look at the Ruger SR22 and S&W M&P22. Too many great options out there to waste your money on an El Cheapo.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links