What is your favorite "pocket" pistol?

This is a discussion on What is your favorite "pocket" pistol? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I pocket carry a Kahr pm9 in a sticky holster and even works great in shorts. Just got a new Springfield xds and like it, ...

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: What is your favorite "pocket" pistol?

I pocket carry a Kahr pm9 in a sticky holster and even works great in shorts. Just got a new Springfield xds and like it, but a little heavy for summer carry,

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    J frame. Try it...oh never mind
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

LCP and LC9

S+W 442 is what I carry no matter what I am wearing. Gum shorts it gets an IWB blackhawk cheapie holster. Everything else its in an Uncle Mikes #3 pocket holster. Throw a speed strip in the back pocket and you are good to go. I have not found an outfit that the 442 doesn't work easily in. Then only problem is that snubbies are likely to start accumulating in your safe.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Lots of great suggestions here.

I carried an LCP for years; they disappear in your front pocket.

A S&W 442 will probably follow me home soon. In my opinion, this is probably the most reliable and concealable choice for pocket carry.

I carry my Kimber Solo with CT Lasergrips every day in my right front pocket in a Desantis Superfly holster.
    Last edited by Sontag; January 5th, 2013 at 07:56 AM.

EDC
    doctorw likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DoingOK View Post
    I had a LCP and hated it. Yes, the small size was quite concealable but it felt and shot "cheap". My opinion of course. My two favorites would be the bottom two guns pictured below: Kimber Solo CDP and Sig P38 SAS....small enough to pocket carry and both calibered in 9mm. The top Kimber is too big but still a great edc handgun.

IMO....the Kimber Solo is the BEST pocket carry 9mm out there.....here's mine with new Rosewood grips!
    Kimber Solo 9mm, Walther PPS 9mm
    Kel Tec PF9 9mm, Ruger LCR .38
    Maverick 88 Tactical 12 ga shotgun at bedside
    Lifetime NRA member

What is your favorite "pocket" pistol?

If pocket size is your main concern, then the LCP wins. You won't find a smaller and easier to conceal gun. Mine has been very reliable, and they're not overly expensive.

The Sig P938 looks to be a great gun, but not sure how easy it is to truly pocket carry. I'd like to see a comparison between a 938 and a S&W Shield. My shield is way too big to pocket carry.

The Sig P238 has a much nicer trigger than any other 380. It truly is a great pistol... But it's the size of many other 9mm guns such as the 938. So in my view, there's no real advantage to carrying a 238. For that size, you might as well step up to a 9mm.

P64.

Pocket Carry? In my experience my LCP is as good as it gets...

Quote Originally Posted by globetruck View Post
    The Sig P938 looks to be a great gun, but not sure how easy it is to truly pocket carry. I'd like to see a comparison between a 938 and a S&W Shield. My shield is way too big to pocket carry.
    I had the Shield (sold it) and it was slightly bigger than a P938 but smaller than my Ultra CDP II. It was just a little too big to pocket carry in my opinion. It could be done, but the Solo and P938 fit a little better in a pocket. I carry them OWB in a Backwoods Leather holster myself:

godawgs82 likes this.

Of the Two guns that I carry in my pocket, Kahr PM9 and Ruger LCR .357, the Kahr has been getting the most Pocket time.. More than 70% of the time. A little smaller and thinner, weight is about the same
    02PSD4ME

Quote Originally Posted by 02PSD4ME View Post
    Of the Two guns that I carry in my pocket, Kahr PM9 and Ruger LCR .357, the Kahr has been getting the most Pocket time.. More than 70% of the time. A little smaller and thinner, weight is about the same
    Have you ever carried the PM9 in a pair of jeans? I am definitely going to need something that I can carry out while dressed up.Would this be practical with a PM9?

442 or LCR357. Either one of these is with me at all times as back up to a SP101 or Taurus 617.

New Member Array RedHawkPeppers's Avatar
    I own a S&W .380 Bodyguard and so far am pleased with it. It fits well into a pocket, waistband or jacket without any sign or bulge. Besides the light .380 round, my only complaint would be the long trigger pull. But again, calling it what it is, it is ideal for a pocket pistol in my humble opinion.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Links