What is your favorite "pocket" pistol?

This is a discussion on What is your favorite "pocket" pistol? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hmmm...I've carried a Jennings .25 (not a recommendation), Ruger LCP, Ruger LC9, Kel Tec PF9, Colt New Agent (9mm and .45), Glock 26, Glock 19, ...

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: What is your favorite "pocket" pistol?

Hmmm...I've carried a Jennings .25 (not a recommendation), Ruger LCP, Ruger LC9, Kel Tec PF9, Colt New Agent (9mm and .45), Glock 26, Glock 19, Glock 32, and Colt Commander .45. My conclusion IS.....wait for it.....I have NO idea! LOL! The Ruger was by far the smallest (not including the Jennings .25) if you aren't averse to carrying a .380 ACP. The LC9 and PF9 CAN fit in a pocket but I wouldn't call it ideal. All the others are way to big for pocket carry. I have my eye on a Colt Mustang Plus II .380 despite it's longer grip. I really like the way it feels and the .380 doesn't scare me away.....not unlike some muggers! (Drum roll, splash!) Thank you, thank you! I'll be here all day. Try the veal....
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

2. Remove Ads

I can't quit my LCP, it disappears in everything. It gets the nod when I can't hide my 642. I prefer the revolver, but I need to replace some pants/shorts with tiny pockets before I can carry it all the time. I have had no issues with my LCP.

RKM
    S&W 442 or Kahr CM9. Sadly, I don't own a CM9.

S&W 638 in a Mika holster most of the time.

Love my Ruger LCR in .357 Magnum and pocket carry it nearly daily.

Quote Originally Posted by bm303 View Post
    I plan on getting my CCW permit next year and will be pocket carrying the majority of the time. I will also have the option to IWB carry but I am undecided on that between the g26, shield or others. But the majority of the time I will be pocket carrying. What, in your opinion, is the BEST pocket carry gun in terms of comfort, reliability, and stopping power? The LCP seems to be the most popular, along with the J-frame revolver although the j-frame is a little bulky. The LC9/PM9 seem to be too big for practical pocket carry. Is there an "ultimate" pocket carry gun?

Hope you are all having a great new year. Take care everyone.
    Ruger LCR .357 Magnum
    Glock 19
    Mossberg Mariner 590 12 Ga
    Saiga AK-47
    Marlin Model 60

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."

-Ronald Reagan

I have a safe shelf full of small guns, but I have carried my Kel Tec .32 since it was first introduced. The owner of the gunshop where I worked bought the first one, a valued customer got the second and I scored the third. It's been in my back pocket ever since as my BUG, no matter what my primary is. My wife carries a Seecamp .25 as her BUG. I'd love for her to carry something bigger but she picked it and shoots it fine with Winchester XP.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

DB380

Re: What is your favorite "pocket" pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by whoppo View Post
    Sig P238 / P938 - in that order.
    Yup.

Had the LCP and LC9, both are more than ready enough to carry, but due to polymer the kick makes follow up quite unreasonable, in my eyes. I recommend getting something heavier and more equipped to handle recoil, even the slightest diff in build and material can make a huge difference in "felt recoil". Or so is my experience.

Also, I highly recommend opting for the 9mm. The 380 is so much slower with less energy it just seems foolish not to.

If you can try some guns, sliding them in and out of your pocket, practicing draw. I think you'll find that the larger 9mm like the LC9 really isn't that noticeable. Width matters more than length. Pulling a gun out while clinched in fist, it's the fist that's hard to extract. I think you'll find that the width diff between a 380 and a 9 are miniscule at worst.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by BeyondTheBox; January 7th, 2013 at 09:20 AM.

In summer I wear cargo shorts and the pocket on them are pretty big. I carry CM9 in Sticky Holster in front pocket and it works great. Kahr has been 100% reliable highly recommend!

Quote Originally Posted by bm303 View Post
    Have you ever carried the PM9 in a pair of jeans? I am definitely going to need something that I can carry out while dressed up.Would this be practical with a PM9?
    Jeans are the only pants I own, so YES. my shorts are of the cargo verity. No problem carrying in both
    02PSD4ME

What is your favorite "pocket" pistol?

Kahr CM 9. I have it and highly recommend it. I also have an LCR - love it as well.

I have a Kahr PM9, but would have bought a CM if they had been around years ago. I also pocket carry my S&W M&P 340 and Bodyguard 380. All my guns have at least 500 reliability rounds through them.

AOK
    I've owned the kt pf 9, kt p3AT, kt p32, LCP, S&W bodyguard 380, S&W 642, db9, and lastly the Kahr CM9.

The best true pocket gun out there in my limited experience is the Kahr CM/PM 9. Carries easily in the pocket, can draw cleanly out of the pocket, superior 9mm round (versus .380), great trigger, better sights than most pocket guns, and it has been 100% reliable. I personally carry it everyday as a BUG.

Quote Originally Posted by AOK View Post
    I've owned the kt pf 9, kt p3AT, kt p32, LCP, S&W bodyguard 380, S&W 642, db9, and lastly the Kahr CM9.

The best true pocket gun out there in my limited experience is the Kahr CM/PM 9. Carries easily in the pocket, can draw cleanly out of the pocket, superior 9mm round (versus .380), great trigger, better sights than most pocket guns, and it has been 100% reliable. I personally carry it everyday as a BUG.
    It sounds like this gun is a real winner in terms of shoot-ability for its size. However, you read that report every few days of someone who sent it back to Kahr 3 times and it failed to feed 50% of the rounds even after 3 repairs. Really makes you just want to get a j-frame and not worry about your gun shooting in a SD situation. If the CM9 is reliable it really does seem like the ultimate pocket carry 9mm.

Fla
    Custom 50 cal 12 in barrel. Carry it in a deep conceal pouch in front of pants. It does print a bit but the women just think I have been someplace cold and shrunk a bit.
    NO Salt,Alcohol, Smoking,Caffeine,Chocolate,Meat,Anything Spicy,Gasoline,Weapons Except Stun Wands By Police,Contact Sports,Sex Other Than Virtual,Abortion,pregnancy Without A License,Non Educational Toys,Bad Language,Exchanging Bodily fluids Including Kissing,Aggressive Acts,Freedom Of Speech

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Links