What is your favorite "pocket" pistol? - Page 8

What is your favorite "pocket" pistol?

This is a discussion on What is your favorite "pocket" pistol? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; LCP and LCR...

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: What is your favorite "pocket" pistol?

LCP and LCR

I agree on the Solo. I carry mine at 4:00 or so in a variety of IWB holsters. Also is fine in back pocket with Desantis.

Quote Originally Posted by bm303 View Post
    It sounds like this gun is a real winner in terms of shoot-ability for its size. However, you read that report every few days of someone who sent it back to Kahr 3 times and it failed to feed 50% of the rounds even after 3 repairs. Really makes you just want to get a j-frame and not worry about your gun shooting in a SD situation. If the CM9 is reliable it really does seem like the ultimate pocket carry 9mm.
    IMO....Solo over the PM9/CM9. Same size, better build, better trigger, better looks....IMO.
    Kimber Solo 9mm, Walther PPS 9mm
    Kel Tec PF9 9mm, Ruger LCR .38
    Maverick 88 Tactical 12 ga shotgun at bedside
    Lifetime NRA member

Kahr P380
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

A Kahr CM9/PM9 is definitely on my short list! I'm sure the Kimber Solo is just fine, but I don't like the way it looks AND I think Kahr has the tiny pistol down to a science.
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Welcome A Board

My favorites are 442, and My LC9 the LC9 is the max I can pull off pocket carry .

Re: What is your favorite "pocket" pistol?

I have changed my pocket carry guns over the years. In the old days, I carried a Smith & Wesson 649. It is still okay but I rarely carry it now.

Most commonly, I carry a Kahr PM9 with +P Carbon 115 grain. It is in a pocket holster and I carry 2 extra magazines.

I recently bought a Springfield Armory XDs 45 ACP. It is thin and pocket carries well. I am still need to test my carry ammo. It may become my pocket carry gun.

I sometimes carry a Ruger LCR with Speer Gold Dot Hollow Point 135 grain short barrel ammo with 2 or 4 speed loaders. It carries well and is light.

I used to carry my Kahr P380 more, but the PM9 is very easy to carry. The P380 might work as a backup.

I have carried my Glock 27 in a pocket, but it is too thick. The XDs may seem to be the same size, but it is thinner and that makes it carry well in a pocket.

With the Kahr PM and CM series in 9mm and 40 S&W, I see no advantage with smaller handguns. The little advantage the small 380s have in size is not enough compared to much more effective cartridges available in the 9mm and 40 S&W.
    Danoh likes this.

I carry the KEL-TEC P32 most days because it is light weight, small, and easy to conceal in a front pants pocket holster. I don't know if I would call it "my favorite." Its not much fun to shoot.

I also have both an S&W Model 442 and Model 60 that I carry sometimes; more in winter. But they both "print" in pocket holsters, and are better in IWB. They would be my favorites.

gold40

although the P238 is a bit heavy for some to be considered a "pocket" pistol, I would say that it's my favorite. I do pocket carry it when the occasion calls for it.

depending on which slacks or jeans I'm wearing, specifically how deep the pockets are, determines whether I carry my J-frame or S&W BG-380. The .380 is a lot shorter in the pocket holster.

I carry a Taurus TCP 380 most of the time but I do carry my SCCY CPX-2 9mm IWB when I feel the need for more fire power. The TCP is so easy to conceal and carry

When I pocket carry it's a S&W 642.

Instead of a Kahr PM9 or CM9, I went with a Colt Mustang Plus II stainless instead. I LOVE this pistol! I still want a Kahr, but the Mustang is definitely my full time carry piece.
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    SIG P938 or SIG P238 if they fit your pocket. For those times when the SIG doesn't work, an LCP. I've never gone unarmed when I wanted to be armed since I bought an LCP the first year they came out. Still have the same one. Recall and all - it's been reliable as gravity. I do not like the trigger or the sights on the LCP but I've gotten used to them.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by IsaiahM33 View Post
    Instead of a Kahr PM9 or CM9, I went with a Colt Mustang Plus II stainless instead. I LOVE this pistol! I still want a Kahr, but the Mustang is definitely my full time carry piece.
    Let's see it.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links