Who carries a CZ?

This is a discussion on Who carries a CZ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Stay away from the CZ 40P. I learned that lesson. If I own another CZ it will be a P01 or a 75....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Who carries a CZ?

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    Stay away from the CZ 40P. I learned that lesson.

If I own another CZ it will be a P01 or a 75.

2. Remove Ads

I picked up the CZ sickness a few years ago, and 5 CZ's later I think I have all the ones I want. On the other hand, I sure would love to complement my alloy 2075 with a decocker version - you know, to simplify training with the other decockers. It just makes sense, right?

Seriously though, they do often require a bit of work to smooth out the action. I've run the gamut from just lots of dryfire and rounds down range, to home gunsmithing, to a full CZ custom shop action job with the competition hammer. The custom shop gun is amazing (one trainer I had called the SA trigger 'telepathic') but for carry I prefer a reduced spring kit (the cajun gun works one is good) and a light polish of the internals.

I carry a CZ P01 in a TTgunleather Phoenix Stronghold IWB holster. The P01 is a great carry weapon IMHO.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

CZ85B in the left hand and CZ75B in the right. If I'm ever in a position where open carry is acceptable or necessary, the 75B will be riding the hip.

Crossing one off the bucket list a few weeks ago. Probably wouldn't have shot as well if the pistols weren't 40+ oz. each. Stand by my opening statement of the video. Nothing is as sexy as a CZ, in my opinion.

Author of the Pocket Guns and Gear blog. Stop by for a peek at http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Bought my wife a CZ RAMI 2075 BD in 9mm about a year ago pending her getting her CCW. Till she actually gets the class done I am the one who gets to carry it. I do carry it occasionally in a Sideguard double snap tuck (rides a little high for my taste) but it also fits every holster I have for my S&W M&P 40c. It is a GREAT shooter. The Quality is REALLY there.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Who carries a CZ?

I will more than likely be getting a 2075 here soon as my first ccw gun. Looking forward to it!

I have a pair of SP-01 Tacticals in 9MM.....I'm not sure I could hide them as well as a K Frame Snub, but I'd like to hear more......Sandpiper

number 1 son in law got P-07 and Ive got about 200 rds through it...love to shoot this pistol..amazing reset on the trigger..making it possible to be very very good taping through a magazine...but I think it is butt ugly, however I now (after 200) believe it to be very functional albeit ugly...First plastic pistol I would own myself...

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    I'll be looking for a duty size 9mm soon and the 75 and P01 will be in the running. One daughter has a CZ100 and likes it alot. I understand it was the red headed step-child of CZ but I like it too.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    Most under rated pistols out there.

CZ SP-01 Tactical and CZ P-01

The compact models make great carry pistols. The 75 compact models will give any Glock or M&P a run for its money.
    My P-01 is the most accurate pistol I own.

5rds, 7 yds, off hand/standing.

Sandpiper and Kawboy65 like this.

Rebuttal ...

Butt Ugly ??? It's handsome !!!

Most underrated ... nope ... Bersa's take that title ( IMO ).

Wish I could afford a CZ !!!

My wife ( bless her heart ) has this saying ... you only have two hands ... why do you need so many guns ?

Out of respect for the women members , she just doesn't understand me ... J

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmith View Post
    number 1 son in law got P-07 and Ive got about 200 rds through it...love to shoot this pistol..amazing reset on the trigger..making it possible to be very very good taping through a magazine...but I think it is butt ugly, however I now (after 200) believe it to be very functional albeit ugly...First plastic pistol I would own myself...
    I know some people don't like the looks of the P-07.... I really like it, but it does seem to be an acquired taste. Shoots excellent though!
    Nations crumble from within when the citizenry asks of government those things which it might better provide for itself... Man is not free unless government is limited... As government expands, liberty contracts.
    -Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Here's my CZ75c with Omega Custom grips.

omegagrips.jpg
    Sandpiper and Foo909 like this.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    Here's my CZ75c with Omega Custom grips.

omegagrips.jpg
    My wife has a satin nickel 75c with Walnut Marschal grips on it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

As long as we're sharing CZ pics....Here are a couple more wirh Omega Grips.....Sam is an artist.....Sandpiper

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links