Who carries a CZ?

This is a discussion on Who carries a CZ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've got a CZ 75 P-07 Duty 9mm. Just want to see who carries one and get their comments on the experience and how they ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Who carries a CZ?

Who carries a CZ?

I've got a CZ 75 P-07 Duty 9mm. Just want to see who carries one and get their comments on the experience and how they like their weapon. This goes for any CZ too....
    Nations crumble from within when the citizenry asks of government those things which it might better provide for itself... Man is not free unless government is limited... As government expands, liberty contracts.
    -Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

I've carried a full size 75 occasionally and just switched from 1911 to a 75 Compact for EDC - been running it the last month or so. Don't have any experience with the P07, but I love the steel CZs.

joe
    Bubbiesdad likes this.

I carry, quite often, a CZ 2075 BD. I absolutely love it! Overall quality is excellent and the accuracy is superb! The only reason I'm not currently carrying it is that I wanted to get my Sigs back into the lineup. If, and it's a big if I know, CZ ever came out with a 357Sig version, that would end up being every day carry weapon!
    Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.
    NRA Life Member & JPFO Member.
    Sig & CZ-aholic, a Ruger SP101 3" & Wiley Clapp GP100

VIP Member
    I used to carry a CZ 75c, and sometimes I will still carry my RAMI. I haven't much lately, though - I work from home and prefer the lightness of my Colt Cobra for around the house. I love the CZs and how well built they are. They've always been reliable for me.

Underrated company, in my opinion.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Who carries a CZ?
    CZ is a rare breed of handguns in that even rabid fans of OTHER handgun manufacturers almost universally tip their hat to folks who choose to carry a CZ. It's tough to find any knowledgable handgunners who badmouth 'em. My CZ P01 is as good as any & better than most of my other EDC options.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member
    CZ 75B SA - 9mm

If I'm not carrying a .45, I'm carrying that. It is moderately heavy and large but, those qualities are part of what makes it a fabulous shooter. There is NO OTHER gun that I shoot faster.

Full disclosure - It was NOT this good out of the box. Between night sights, a little trigger work, stocks and low-profile thumb safeties, I have put in nearly as much as I paid for the gun. It is all about making the gun the way I wanted it and, it paid off.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    CZ is a rare breed of handguns in that even rabid fans of OTHER handgun manufacturers almost universally tip their hat to folks who choose to carry a CZ. It's tough to find any knowledgable handgunners who badmouth 'em. My CZ P01 is as good as any & better than most of my other EDC options.
    It really is amazing how well respected CZ's are with even die-hard fans of other manufacturers.
    Nations crumble from within when the citizenry asks of government those things which it might better provide for itself... Man is not free unless government is limited... As government expands, liberty contracts.
    -Ronald Reagan

I shot a custom Shadow for 6 or 8 months in USPSA. CZs are great. I probably should have given it a little more time but an opportunity popped up and I traded it off. My experience: Where the trigger breaks is a little short for me. I have large hands and was a little cramped up with the reach. That was the main issue. Not as important, but parts availability... like a narrower front sight request required milling a blank. You can't just pick up the phone and get stuff for them like a Glock. Field stripping is easy but a detail strip, not so much. It's not close to being as simple as a glock, or even a 1911 for that matter. The gun has some roll pins too. Great gun though.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonsay View Post
    I shot a custom Shadow for 6 or 8 months in USPSA. CZs are great. I probably should have given it a little more time but an opportunity popped up and I traded it off. My experience: Where the trigger breaks is a little short for me. I have large hands and was a little cramped up with the reach. That was the main issue. Not as important, but parts availability... like a narrower front sight request required milling a blank. You can't just pick up the phone and get stuff for them like a Glock. Field stripping is easy but a detail strip, not so much. It's not close to being as simple as a glock, or even a 1911 for that matter. The gun has some roll pins too. Great gun though.
    LOL! That made me laugh. What an understatement!

Unless you are used to assembling these things all day long in the factory, you need a third hand with a couple of extra thumbs to get it done!

Still, I don't think that should stop someone who is interested in the platform from buying one.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

VIP Member
    I used to carry a P-06, I now carry the P-01, as well as a Dan Wesson CBOB, which is made by CZ. On some occasions I carry a 2075 RAMI and CZ 82. So I guess I qualify. CZ is one of the best kept secrets in the gun world, however their popularity is spreading.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

well i carry a CZ 82 9mm Mak IWB. I carry it nearly 80% of the time
    Proudly living in the free state of Florida

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    A RAMI for the last 10 years with PCRs, P-01s, a P-07 Duty and other along the way to my RAMI P.

The P-09 Duty is on the horizon for 2013 but will too big for most of us to carry.

Ditto on the .357 SIG. I'd love to have a RAMI BD .40 with a .357 SIG barrel or one chambered in it from the factory.

Until then, these have to suffice:

The TAC-XPs shoot wonderfully in my RAMI P.
    www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

Lefty here. CZ85B 9mm ambidextrous. Like someone else said, not so great out of the box, but after 300 rounds, Oh Boy! Probably my most accurate handgun. Not my EDC, but it IS my IDPA choice.

You might like to visit The Original CZ Forum - Index, great site, great people!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

For IWB I carry a CZ 75b or my CZ 100. Both are very comfortable to carry and the weight doesn't seem to be an issue.

VIP Member
    CZ 75D PCR in a Galco Concealable Belt Holster (OWB). I like it very much.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links