Sig Sauer P238 or Glock Subcompact

This is a discussion on Sig Sauer P238 or Glock Subcompact within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I realize this is a broad question but I am looking for a pistol which will be the easiest for conceal and carry. I have ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By 1MoreGoodGuy

Thread: Sig Sauer P238 or Glock Subcompact

Sig Sauer P238 or Glock Subcompact

I realize this is a broad question but I am looking for a pistol which will be the easiest for conceal and carry. I have a Glock 23 but it is just to bulky and heavy in my opinion to conceal. I have been very happy with the firearm and like the other Glocks I have shot.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all.

2. Remove Ads

Just to give a little background, I've shot basically only 45 ACP for the last decade or so. But last year when I got my CCW permit, I started carrying a couple of .45's I had, one a compact and another a 1911 CCO size. Basically, my determination was the same as yours, the compact was too bulky and the 1911 was just still too heavy for me personally.

Long story short, I got a Glock 26, 9mm and I couldn't be happier. Light enough so that I can wear it comfortably, and small enough I can conceal OWB like I like to carry. In the end, I did consider going with a P238 or even a P938, but ultimately, I didn't want to go any smaller of a round than 9mm and I also wasn't willing to cut down my capacity to a single stack. I figured that if I was going to go down from a .45 to a 9mm I at least wanted to have some more rounds to offset.

This is just the thought process I went through though, you might think differently.

I own both and for a good reason! You can't go wrong with a Glock 26 as sated before. If you can only buy one, The G26 is the one for you!
    The P238 is a lot easier to conceal but you sacrifice a few rounds and, arguably, "Stopping power" but its a great pistol.

Get a Sig P938.

Sig P938 bi-tone.jpg
    multistage and candalos like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

I'd like a 938. If only they could be found......

Have you held an HK p2000sk? It will conceal as well as a Glock 26 and possibly point better for you.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quackrack View Post
    I realize this is a broad question but I am looking for a pistol which will be the easiest for conceal and carry. I have a Glock 23 but it is just to bulky and heavy in my opinion to conceal. I have been very happy with the firearm and like the other Glocks I have shot.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all.
    I have carried the 9mm equivalent of the 23 for quite awhile, and find it to be very easy to conceal, and comfortable to carry. A solid belt and IWB holster, and it vanishes.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by quackrack View Post
    I am looking for a pistol which will be the easiest for conceal and carry.
    That would be the Sig P238, which is considerably smaller and thinner than a Glock subcompact. I like Glocks and have 3 of them, but my P238 is a true pocket gun.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

You are facing the exact same questions I have been wrestling with for several months now. I made the decision to carry many months ago, but The sport of shooting is new to me and I have been catching up as fast as I can on pistol types and their trade offs. I have fired a G22 and really liked it but it was far too large for me to conceal (at least in the beginning as I get used to carrying). I settled on a Sig P938 to start. I fired a nice P238 at a range and was hooked, but chose the 9mm for ammo cost and availability reasons. Unfortunately here recently I cannot find a box of 9mm anywhere, and there is cheap .380 at every LGS near me! I sure hope things get somewhat back to normal soon.

I have 300 rounds through the Sig and I am really pleased with it. I found a great deal on an auction site with a buy it now price that included shipping and an 7 rd magazine.

I still plan to pick up a G27 or G26 as soon as I can afford one. I'm spending all my cash on holsters and ammo at the moment!! I think you can't go wrong with either choice.

Links