Defensive Carry banner

Sig Sauer P238 or Glock Subcompact

14K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Sheepdogbubba 
#1 ·
I realize this is a broad question but I am looking for a pistol which will be the easiest for conceal and carry. I have a Glock 23 but it is just to bulky and heavy in my opinion to conceal. I have been very happy with the firearm and like the other Glocks I have shot.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all.

#2 ·
Just to give a little background, I've shot basically only 45 ACP for the last decade or so. But last year when I got my CCW permit, I started carrying a couple of .45's I had, one a compact and another a 1911 CCO size. Basically, my determination was the same as yours, the compact was too bulky and the 1911 was just still too heavy for me personally.

Long story short, I got a Glock 26, 9mm and I couldn't be happier. Light enough so that I can wear it comfortably, and small enough I can conceal OWB like I like to carry. In the end, I did consider going with a P238 or even a P938, but ultimately, I didn't want to go any smaller of a round than 9mm and I also wasn't willing to cut down my capacity to a single stack. I figured that if I was going to go down from a .45 to a 9mm I at least wanted to have some more rounds to offset.

This is just the thought process I went through though, you might think differently.

#3 ·
I own both and for a good reason! You can't go wrong with a Glock 26 as sated before. If you can only buy one, The G26 is the one for you!
The P238 is a lot easier to conceal but you sacrifice a few rounds and, arguably, "Stopping power" but its a great pistol.

#6 ·
Have you held an HK p2000sk? It will conceal as well as a Glock 26 and possibly point better for you.

#7 ·
I have carried the 9mm equivalent of the 23 for quite awhile, and find it to be very easy to conceal, and comfortable to carry. A solid belt and IWB holster, and it vanishes.

#9 ·
You are facing the exact same questions I have been wrestling with for several months now. I made the decision to carry many months ago, but The sport of shooting is new to me and I have been catching up as fast as I can on pistol types and their trade offs. I have fired a G22 and really liked it but it was far too large for me to conceal (at least in the beginning as I get used to carrying). I settled on a Sig P938 to start. I fired a nice P238 at a range and was hooked, but chose the 9mm for ammo cost and availability reasons. Unfortunately here recently I cannot find a box of 9mm anywhere, and there is cheap .380 at every LGS near me! I sure hope things get somewhat back to normal soon.

I have 300 rounds through the Sig and I am really pleased with it. I found a great deal on an auction site with a buy it now price that included shipping and an 7 rd magazine.

I still plan to pick up a G27 or G26 as soon as I can afford one. I'm spending all my cash on holsters and ammo at the moment!! I think you can't go wrong with either choice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.