Ruger LCP feedback - Page 4

Ruger LCP feedback

This is a discussion on Ruger LCP feedback within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The one I got ahold of jammed a lot... 4 different people with 3 different types of ammo... 2 of them have a lot of ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Ruger LCP feedback

The one I got ahold of jammed a lot... 4 different people with 3 different types of ammo... 2 of them have a lot of shooting time thanks to Army, me who is a plinker and the newbie.. all 3 ammo's jammed.

Friends of mine wife and husband got one each and a SR9c all the same day. They came out to shoot with me a few weeks ago. First time they had shot more than a couple of rounds in any of them. The husband is a lefty so he had a little trouble getting a grip on it he has very big hands but loved it. I shot it about 30 rounds and it recoils as much as a 40 more than a 45. I liked it but recoil doesnt bother me.
    His wife however who was dead set on loving it, after she had shot it for about 30 rounds switched over to the SR9C declaring it simply had to much recoil. She liked the SR9c much better and its her ED carry.
    Put a lot of ammo through two of the little guns without issue. Sights are small and I dont like 380s as a rule but if i had one myself id use it as a BUG. Good tough reliable little guns though.

Love my LCP for certain clothing and weather conditions. Carry it with Hornady Critical Defense rounds. Had it over a year and would not part with it.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecread View Post
    The one I got ahold of jammed a lot... 4 different people with 3 different types of ammo... 2 of them have a lot of shooting time thanks to Army, me who is a plinker and the newbie.. all 3 ammo's jammed.
    that was just a bad gun. I put 50 thru mine and it wanted more. It's a great gun!

Mine has been great to me. No problems of any kind and I can have it with me even in light summer clothing.

I traded mine in after a while. A fine gun but in my hand it was just too small. Felt clumbsy to me. Needed something a bit bigger. Got an LC9 which is very close in all regards but a bit bigger. Workmanship was typical Ruger. No issues at the range either. Snappy but I would not fire more than 20 rounds at a time.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

New Member Array ParrotHead2535's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bandrich View Post
    Love my LCP for certain clothing and weather conditions. Carry it with Hornady Critical Defense rounds. Had it over a year and would not part with it.
    Same here....love my LCP and carry it with CD rounds as well. It really helps to polish the feed ramp on an Elsie...

Some minor mods and the gun is a dream to carry and shoot.

Went in to pick up my new Shield; they had an LCP for $275. Couldn't pass it up!Shot it yesterday for the first time; first thing I did when I got he was to order a Hogue Grip for that little ankle biter! The Hogues are really supposed to help. Enjoyed it though. Good solid shooter!
    Always Carry, Never Tell
    S&W Shield 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380
    NRA Member
    Certified NRA Instructor

I've had mine for about 2 years. It has been 100%. I added a CT laser an Pearce grip extensions. It is always in my front pocket either as abug or primary in the summer.

Personally I only use mine for the times I absolutely have to pocket carry which is rare. I don't like to shoot it. I actually may trade it for a used Glock 26.
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links