Ruger LCP feedback

This is a discussion on Ruger LCP feedback within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What does everybody think about the LCP? My local shop has them for $309, and I think I'm gonna jump on one. I need a ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Ruger LCP feedback

Ruger LCP feedback

What does everybody think about the LCP? My local shop has them for $309, and I think I'm gonna jump on one. I need a lighter CC gun than my .38 snub, especially in the summer. Any major complaints? Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Ads

For a cc back up gun its nice, its real snappy a lot of recoil.
    Try shooting it before you buy it I traded mines in a week. I hate it.

a lot of recoil? I never shot a 380 before, but they look small

I have had one for a couple of years fits the summer cloths fine I usually carry in right front pocket in a holster. Over the holidays i was out of state to visit my son who works for large 1,500 officer police force, he and another officer took me to a range in the country we shot steel with a timer with a glock 17, went I pulled out my LCP I could tell they were not impressed until I was hitting steel at 20 yard regularly. they both shot it and they shot my LCR 357, they both were impressed and my son is getting a LCP.

By the way I carried the LCP in my pocket through 5 states and felt well armed, my wife got pulled over and ticketed for speeding, I was in the front passenger seat, the state trooper came to my window to get her license, I did not know if I was suppose to let him know of my Carrying or not, I did not because I was not the being pulled over.

I guess I need to get the answer for next trip.

I'm very happy with mine and in a wallet holster in my back pocket it is completely concealed and you don't even know it's there.

I've never been bothered by recoil or anything when shooting it. I did 'limp wrist' mine the first few magazines and had a failed to extract shell twice, but once I realized what I was doing and made sure to stay rigid, hasn't happened again.

For what it is, a small, compact, easy to conceal pistol, it's great.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23's for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

I tested an LCP, Bodyguard and P238, and ended up with the little Sig. They cost more though. The LCP was snappy/lots of recoil as mentioned, and I did not like the trigger. THe Bodyguard was better and the Sig was awesome.

I have one that I carry either as backup or when I can't carry a full sized pistol. Recoil is snappy, surprisingly so for .380. Sights are crap. Because of the crap sights, mine wears a laser.
    revldm likes this.
    Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.
    NRA Life Member & JPFO Member.
    Sig & CZ-aholic, a Ruger SP101 3" & Wiley Clapp GP100

-you wont notice the snappy recoil if you ever have to use this tool for its sole purpose
    -you wont need the sights either so a laser is a waste of money
    -the P238 is much nicer, but for that sole purpose it will make zero difference
    -for me its a last resort based on clothing
    -this is predicated on having several other multipurpose tools
    AR15VSCoyote and MNewkirk like this.
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    -Douglas Adams

VIP Member
    Small, light, accurate, easy to carry. Mine has the front sight post painted with nail polish. Works well. Reliable with everything but Remington rounds.

If you can't conceal anything bigger, then it is a good choice. It is definitely not a range gun! $309 is a good price too!

About 100 rounds at the range and I was done with all the punishment that Little Compact Pistol dished out.

Replaced her with a PM40.

Dirty

For what it is worth, perception of recoil in my experience is a very personal thing. People perceive it differently. I have shot a box of 50 rounds through my LCP in one range session and I never notice the recoil being bad.

Cheers.

I saw a few videos of ppl shooting it, and it doesn't look that bad at all. My .38 snub kicks like a freak anyway, so I'm used to it.

I have one and I second the laser. the sights are useless to a older man with poor eyesight. Note, if you buy one with the laser already on it , it will cost less than adding one later, I found out the hard way.

Mine is unreliable. I fixed it with a S&W 442.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links