New Rugers

This is a discussion on New Rugers within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I didn't expect to see the commander until they caught up on orders for the full size. I'm guessing these will be just as hard ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New Rugers

I didn't expect to see the commander until they caught up on orders for the full size. I'm guessing these will be just as hard to find as their big brother.

MSRP doesn't look too bad. Wasn't it $799 last year for the full size? I was worried they would hike the price more.

2. Remove Ads

makes me wish i'd waited on my sr1911, but i guess now i'll have bothcommander and government
    “But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!” Luke 22:36 (NLT)

I just hope they (eventually) do a lightweight 1911 frame. After all, they DO know a thing or two about the casting of aluminum alloys. Sorry to see the P345 leave the line-up, it's mighty comfortable in my hand. It was their 1st centerfire autoloading pistol that, to me, didn't feel like a brick with a trigger. Go Ruger!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    yeah, just checked the width of my duty g21, it's 1.28, so the sr45 would be double stack.
    I don't think it is. it retains the size of the SR9, 1.27 is the slide width( not sure if that includes controls or not ) , the grip is thinner, it is only a 10+1. So if it is a double it isn't much of one.
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

The sr1911 commander might find it's way to my home one day if I can find one. It might be a while but I like it even though I have not seen or held one yet.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    Bummer. Wonder what happened, did Ruger hire some guys from S&W? Gees, guns are supposed to go bang.
    Some states require it. I'm guessing they're trying to cater to all markets. (I wish they'd offer special models for those states, but I guess it's not financially or realistically viable.)

I saw a video yesterday,on guns and ammo, on the sr45.It looks nice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links