Sig P250 Subcompact vs CZ 2075 - Page 2

Sig P250 Subcompact vs CZ 2075

This is a discussion on Sig P250 Subcompact vs CZ 2075 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My first handgun purchase (just a couple months ago) was the sig P250 "2SUM" with the full size frame/barrel/slide and the subcompact. No regrets whatsoever, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sig P250 Subcompact vs CZ 2075

My first handgun purchase (just a couple months ago) was the sig P250 "2SUM" with the full size frame/barrel/slide and the subcompact. No regrets whatsoever, though I don't have many rounds through it yet.

The subcompact frame shoots so much like the full size frame I can hardly tell the difference - the grip is shorter is about all I notice. And it didn't take much shooting to get a good feel for staging the trigger.

I don't have my CCW permit yet - taking the class at the end of this month. I'm a bit concerned that the sig - even the subcompact, may be too fat with its double stack mags for full-time carry, especially in the summer months where I tend to dress like a bum in t-shirts and shorts all the time. I don't even have my permit yet and I'm already eyeing a LCP or other similar .380.

No experience with the CZ, so can't comment there.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ89 View Post
    Anyone have any recommendations on a good DA/SA carry pistol that meets my criteria and is around the 500$ range?
    In my opinion most modern guns are well made and reliable, so it's more a matter of fit and features. Just head to the gun shop or gun show, put your mitts on as many as you can, and get what you like.

For me the only real consideration between DA/SA offerings (in the same size/weight) is the operation of the safety or decocker (or decocker safety). I prefer not to carry guns where a safety can be engaged in DA mode (inadvertently or otherwise).

Just went and looked at the p07 duty and tried it on with a IWB holster. On a skinny guy like me it dose print a little with just a t shirt but under a light jacket there is nothing to see and the fact that it is 100$ cheaper and available almost had me walking out with it. Also I just got rid of a M&P 9 that I loved and holding the m&p 9c had me debating that as well. God I'm so damn indecisive lol

The fact that the po7 has a decocker is really nice as well as the 435$ price tag

The fact that the po7 has a decocker is really nice as well as the 435$ price tag
    I own a number of CZ's [P-07 among them] and others including P250 compacts. The 9mm P-07 is a very very accurate shooter and behaves / feels much like a HK. I don't think it makes for a particularly good IWB gun, but OWB is an excellent choice. It's inherit accuracy also makes for a good range gun. I don't care for the P250 subcompact, but the compact size is very nice and I love the smooth DA trigger. It too is a very good choice for OWB. Either one of these paired with thin single stack 9 or 380 covers a lot of bases.
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

I guess my main thing is I just was a good IWB gun that is DA/SA and reasonable price. About $560ish what I can afford.

If I do break down and decide to get a striker fire gun it will either be a glock 26 or a M&P 9c.

VIP Member
    Anyone have any recommendations on a good DA/SA carry pistol that meets my criteria and is around the 500$ range?

I would offer up the Sig2022 instead of the 250.

NIGHT SIGHTS Sig Sauer SP2022 Sig Pro 2022 9mm NIB : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com
    $510 buy it now.
    Why not shop around for what you want, instead of settling for what you don't?
    Go for the CZ if that's what will make you happy.

Or try CDNN and get a 6906.Stainless S&W for around $350
    Very nice older smith.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Sorry for typos I'm using my phone.

I second the CZ 75 P07 or even the CZ75 P06. If you can find either one they are reasonably priced and more than battle proven.

ETA- Sorry I meant the CZ75 P-01 or the CZ75 P-06. One has a steel frame and the other is alloy, much different from the P-07 which felt a little "cheap" to me when I handled it in Academy

DSCF0542.jpg
    I guess my main thing is I just was a good IWB gun that is DA/SA and reasonable price. About $560ish what I can afford.
    Well, forget the P250 then, it's not what you want. Me and double stacks don't work IWB, but if you're gonna go that route, I suggest looking at the CZ PCR before pulling the trigger on a RAMI. The slide is relatively thin and it doesn't have a rail to add more bulk. If you only have one CZ, this is the one!
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

I would normally be hunting for best prices and ordering it online but like I said I was given a 300$ gift card to a local armory so. My business will be there.

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar

@357and40: The only reason i would get the BD over the regular is for the decocker. If its so dark that you need night sights then its to dark to see the target. IMO the only thing night sights are good for is finding your gun on your night stand in the dark..... lol But thanks for the tip! I think ill go tomorrow to my local armory and see what the wait time on one will be.
    Night sites were an added bonus only. Honestly, I would rather have a laser than night sites. The laser is almost like you are touching the BG. If they SEE it on them there is a psychological effect. Besides, after a single shot in dark conditions you won't be able to see the tritium anyway.

If it is dark enough that you "need" night sites then you having them gives you an edge over the BG who likely does not for their first shot.

Quote Originally Posted by rwponline View Post
    From what I have read, the 1st generation P250 (distinguishable with a different mag base plate design) had many problems, but my second generation P250 appears well made and has been very reliable for me. It's not built like your 229, but it's not priced as such either (priced more like a Taurus). Time will tell how well the P250 holds up, but so far it's been great.

As for the trigger pull, it's long but smooth and has a good break. The exchange kit I picked up from sig was only $199, and included a new slide, magazine, frame, and hardcase (it was on sale).
    Glad to hear the 250 is working well for you. No joke about the cost difference between 250 and 229... Granted, I got my P229 for $425 over five years ago (before Obama became the worlds most effective gun salesman.)

The exchange kits must have come down since I last priced them or you got about $100 off. Not a bad buy there.

Smith & Wesson M&P compact (you can get one with a manual safety if you feel that is necessary.)

After experience with a CZ it is very easy to make it a first choice.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Well I made a decision today and bought the CZ P07 Duty. I bought a cheap 16$ IWB holster just the wear around the house and to get use to it. Even with the cheap holster it's not that bad to hide comfortably under a light jacket. I just went out and put 2 mags threw it and I am in LOVE it is sooooooo accurate and feels great in my hand.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links