Unboxing my 10MM

This is a discussion on Unboxing my 10MM within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I received a call yesterday from my local dealer. Was very happy to hear that my new Glock had finally arrived. I ordered the week ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gunnie

Thread: Unboxing my 10MM

Unboxing my 10MM

I received a call yesterday from my local dealer. Was very happy to hear that my new Glock had finally arrived. I ordered the week before christmas a G20SF. Of course right after work I rushed down to fill out my part of the 4473. I then opened the box to see what is touted as being the most powerful glock made. Of course with it being a Glock there was nothing magical about the appearance. Finish was even and nicelly done. No scratches or apparent damage. I then picked up the weapon and after ensuring it was clear I put a firm shooting grip on the gun and fell in love Glock really out did them selves building the SF. It was night and day difference in the standard frame. I have rather small hands yet the grip didnt seem much different then on a standard 17 or 22 nothing like a standard 20 or 21. Hopefully I will get to take it out soon and give a firing report as well but until the weather breaks that wont happen. Until then i just hope that i will be able to get ahold of some 10mm Brass seems that the current shortage has really affected the so called odd calibers as i am having a terrible time locating new brass online. For now thats my table top review of the weapon. I found a excellant holster after trying it out around the house i decided on a bianchi model 58 for the fullsize XDM 45. I also picked up one box of Winchester silver tips as this was the only 10MM In my area. I did however order 5 boxes from my dealer who ordered the glock for me.
    aus71383 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I got one of these a few months back - it's a great gun. Look at Underwoodammo.com if you want some reasonably priced hot ammo for it. Might need a stronger recoil spring than factory. TMJ 25 cents a shot, JHP 30 cents a shot. Enjoy!

Austin

i just got the little brother on black friday. new, glock 23 40 s&w. have read about the ten mm those look sweet let me know how it is. i love my 40. congrats!

Thank you i ordered 3 boxes of PMC FMJ and 2 more boxes of silvertips i am a huge XTP and Silvertip fan i know there old school but they seem to work well in my other calibers. My only problem was when we ordered it we made sure and double check to order with 15 round mags the order showed 15 rounders but upon arrival it had two 10s and all the places ive looked are currently out of stock as well as the distributer the gun was ordered from. The distibutor had the 15s with the guns and as spares when we ordered but now all hicaps are out of stock and gunbroker is currently ridiculas on the price.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Congrats on the new addition. ;-)

I'm thinking the 20 may be my next handgun purchase whenever I get around to it and the funds allow.

Its funny you mention that you were having trouble finding ammo b/c some LGSs are out of all of the popular stuff but still have boxes of the more exotic stuff, like 10mm.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Oh, I almost forgot to say, we need pis. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by gallardo.g23 View Post
    i just got the little brother on black friday. new, glock 23 40 s&w. have read about the ten mm those look sweet let me know how it is. i love my 40. congrats!
    I thought that the g29 was the little brother to the g20

enjoy your new g20 Gunnie & get back to us in the spring after you have a chance to try it out & let us know how goes it

Links