Adios my little friend (G-26)

This is a discussion on Adios my little friend (G-26) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I looked long and hard at the G26 (I had carried a G19 for 12 years) recently when looking for a new carry gun. In ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Adios my little friend (G-26)

I looked long and hard at the G26 (I had carried a G19 for 12 years) recently when looking for a new carry gun. In the end I went with the Kahr CM9; the Baby Glock just didn't fit my hand and, while I have shot one and did OK with it, I just couldn't warm up to it.
    "Lawyers, Guns and Money"

2. Remove Ads

I tried 4 glock models and 3 m&p models and ended up with the m&p 40 full size , found it to feel a lot more ergonomical than the glocks . I can conceal it fine and am only 5-10" 145 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    I think its all between your ears. I used to shoot IDPA with my G26 and it performed just as well as my G19 or G17. With the pinky factory mags from Glock, I find the G26 to
    be considerably easier to conceal than my G19....and NO IT DOES NOT MAKE IT SAME SIZE AS A G19....tired of reading that same worn out statement on this forum.
    I have big hands and can get a full grip on the G26 with pinky extensions with absolutely no problem.
    I think this is what Zonker is saying regarding the G26 with the Glock OEM extended mags compared to the G19. Here are some online pics I found comparing a G27 with a Glock OEM extended mag to a G23:

I believe the bottom, rear of the grip is what would print the most. The mag extensions for the baby Glocks basically just extend the front of the grip area for the pinky.
    zonker1986 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    I agree, what I diddent like with my 26 was with my preferred IWB holsters the 26 felt top heavy and seemed to want to "tip" out of the holster plus at least for me a 19 with a IWB is just as easy to conceal yet it comes out faster.

Kinda wish I would have used my OWB holsters more & kept the 26 it was a good shooter.

Bought a G19 at Christmas. Just couldn't get a comfortable grip on the 26. As to concealment, I have a Crossbreed holster on order so we'll see.

I know this is about Glocks, but when I was looking for a new EDC .40 I looked at the G27, Springfield XDSC, Smith .40 Shield and the Kahr CM40. I chose the Kahr because it was the smallest yet fit my hand the best. Its just .94 inches thick, and with the pearce pinky extension, its perfect. I carry in my hybrid IWB holster for at least 12 hours a day. Love the gun.
    Always Carry, Never Tell. Stay Safe. EDC .40 S&W, BUG .380 ACP, HD .40 S&W , 5.56 and 12GA, Range Toys .357Mag , .22LR

I like all the sizes. But I really like the g26. I have never understood the pinky extension on the baby Glocks.

To me, they all must be appreciated for what they bring to the table, and used in that manner.
    In the summer, I enjoy the smallness of the G26. In the winter, I enjoy the high capacity off the 17.

I always enjoy the G19 for it's versatility.

Exploit the strengths of each, as the need and opportunity arises.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I like the versatility of the baby Glock. With a standard 10 round mag I can hide it easily under a t shirt in the summer. Add the finger extension and it fits my hand great. And I can use G19 and 17 mags. It's the erector set of Glocks. Just add or subtract what you want.

The one that fits my hand the best is the G17. And I carry that when I feel the need or when I can discreetly conceal it. I can't hide this one under just a t shirt.

One of these days I'll get a G19. But for now the others handle the job quite well.
    Question Everything!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I like all the sizes. But I really like the g26. I have never understood the pinky extension on the baby Glocks.
    Same here. The shortened grip is the concealed-carry advantage, otherwise what's the point? True, the grip is different, but once you learn that properly curling your pinky under the grip serves to absorb recoil, I see little difference in my shooting ability between the G26 and the G19. I'll shoot just as good (or just as bad ;-) with either one on any given day.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Exploit the strengths of each, as the need and opportunity arises.

VIP Member
    I love them all for many reasons. You are kidding yourself if you think a G19 is just as easy to conceal as a G26. I don't use an extension and that makes it even easier to conceal. I just trained to drop my pinky below the mag. It shocking how accurate a G26 can be as well. By the way, I own all the dogs in this fight so I really don't need to be biased. G17,G19, and G26
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I have a hard time with the 26 too. I need more to hold onto in a double stack gun. Works well for some though! I carry a G19 in the cooler months and a PM9 in the warm months....works well for ME.

I do shoot the 26 a bit still though, just for fun....

Quote Originally Posted by buckshotshorty View Post
    Considering current political atmosphere I would not get rid of any gun that has a mag capacity of 10 or fewer.
    This is the worst advice I've heard, you can't be serious

VIP Member
    I have owned and carried Glocks for years and the baby Glocks serve a purpose but can at times take some getting used to. I to prefer the 19 over other models.

I have purchased several M&P's over the last few months, have not had a chance to shoot them yet other than the full size .45, three weeks guys, three weeks, but I am leaning towards them more and more.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    I think its all between your ears. I used to shoot IDPA with my G26 and it performed just as well as my G19 or G17. With the pinky factory mags from Glock, I find the G26 to
    be considerably easier to conceal than my G19....and NO IT DOES NOT MAKE IT SAME SIZE AS A G19....tired of reading that same worn out statement on this forum.
    I have big hands and can get a full grip on the G26 with pinky extensions with absolutely no problem.
    While there may be some psychological, it doesn't take a shot timer or par timer, to tell me things aren't as consistent or quick with the baby. Even with the +2 extension the hump ends up in the center of the hand sometimes and i dont get that usual high grip. Often because of my hands, I've got to drag out the mag for a reload. I didn't feel unarmed with a 26 but I do prefer carrying a gun I manipulate much better.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    I love them all for many reasons. You are kidding yourself if you think a G19 is just as easy to conceal as a G26. I don't use an extension and that makes it even easier to conceal. I just trained to drop my pinky below the mag. It shocking how accurate a G26 can be as well. By the way, I own all the dogs in this fight so I really don't need to be biased. G17,G19, and G26
    I never felt like there was a time where I could conceal the 26 but not the 19. I fully understand, everyone is different and we all dont use the same methods to carry. Not enough difference for me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links