Adios my little friend (G-26) - Page 3

Adios my little friend (G-26)

This is a discussion on Adios my little friend (G-26) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SIG_guy Considering current political atmosphere I would not get rid of any gun that has a mag capacity of 10 or fewer. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Adios my little friend (G-26)

Quote Originally Posted by SIG_guy View Post

Considering current political atmosphere I would not get rid of any gun that has a mag capacity of 10 or fewer.

This is the worst advice I've heard, you can't be serious
    You bet I'm serious! I don't want to hijack anyone's thread, or turn this in to a political argument, but I firmly believe that if you own a handgun with detachable magazine holding 10 or less rounds it would be prudent to hold on to it. I think you will soon see some kind of ban on mags over 10 rounds like it or not, and those people currently buying handguns with 15+ magazines have their heads in the sand. Four years ago didn't most people believe the "Affordable Care Act" would never pass?

Re: Adios my little friend (G-26)

I own the 19 and the 26 and much prefer the 19.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by SIG_guy View Post
    This is the worst advice I've heard, you can't be serious
    the Glock 26 was born out of the ashes of the AWB of 1994 that limited mag capacity to 10 rounds. I agree that everyone should be holding on to their 10 round guns, as
    a best case scenario, that is what we will be stuck with a year from now. And I hope that is all we have to endure. You can kiss your high cap XD's, Glocks and others good bye as they will
    no longer have any usefulness unless they grandfather in mags made before the new ban passes.....but I'm not counting on it this time around.....expecting an all out ban on any mag more than 10 rounds
    regardless of when it was made.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    I think this is what Zonker is saying regarding the G26 with the Glock OEM extended mags compared to the G19. Here are some online pics I found comparing a G27 with a Glock OEM extended mag to a G23:

I believe the bottom, rear of the grip is what would print the most. The mag extensions for the baby Glocks basically just extend the front of the grip area for the pinky.

I totally agree with the OP. That little bit of missing grip right there on the bottom, it's just sorely missed in my palm when griping and firing. Went from a M&P 40c to a G23. For me the LITTLE bit of lost concealability is a far better trade off for a better fitting gun in my hand. But, most important - to each their own, I'm just glad we have so many choices.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    I like the versatility of the baby Glock. With a standard 10 round mag I can hide it easily under a t shirt in the summer. Add the finger extension and it fits my hand great. And I can use G19 and 17 mags. It's the erector set of Glocks. Just add or subtract what you want.

The one that fits my hand the best is the G17. And I carry that when I feel the need or when I can discreetly conceal it. I can't hide this one under just a t shirt.

One of these days I'll get a G19. But for now the others handle the job quite well.
    The G17 fits my hand the best also and it is what I own. I've been researching my next handgun purchase and it's looking like 'financial sense wise' and 'common sense wise' for me, a G26 will be the way I'll probably go when I am able too...I won't get into the details of my reasoning right now.

When (if) I get the G26, I'll experiment with and without a pinky extension. A while back, I had the opportunity to shoot 1 mag through a G26 with a Pearce PG26 extension (which was just enough to get my pinky on) and I really liked it. If I can get good accuracy without an extension, then all the better. We'll see.

Re: Adios my little friend (G-26)

Quote Originally Posted by Topsider View Post
    I find my 19 to be a bit hard to conceal sometimes, and tend to carry my Kahr P380 more often as a result. I've considered getting a 26, hoping it would be easier to carry. I'd prefer to have a 9mm on me as opposed to a .380, if possible. Of course, the Kahr PM9 is also an option, along with some other small 9mm. The biggest downside to the 26, IMO, is the thickness, which is the same as the 19. A single-stack 9mm would be easier to hide, although you'd sacrifice capacity.
    You can get a kel tec pf9 and get a +1 extension for it giving you 8+1 so you would only be 2 shorter than a baby glock. I think $13 to get the extension from kel tec and $33 for an extra mag with it already installed

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Having both, the G26 and the G19 I prefer the G19... It might be the fact that it's a Gen4 and the stock grip is just perfect for me, but there it is...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

To the people here that carry the G19 how do you carry it? Is it comfortable for all day carry?

Quote Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
    To the people here that carry the G19 how do you carry it? Is it comfortable for all day carry?
    My now favorite holster is a Comp-Tac 2 o'clock with J hook. C-tac for the more conventional iwb strong side.
    TY54712

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links