Kahr Choice ??

This is a discussion on Kahr Choice ?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Between the Kahr K9 or the Kahr T9, Which one would you guys or gals buy..and why...??...

Thread: Kahr Choice ??

Kahr Choice ??

Between the Kahr K9 or the Kahr T9, Which one would you guys or gals buy..and why...??

2. Remove Ads

For me, it would depend on whether I was going to carry it or not. The K9 is a little smaller, and easier to conceal. The T9 is a great range gun.
    Both are wonderful shooters.
    Yo Macklin, great party, but no whiskey. We go home now.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    The T9 is a maybe the best looking Kahr out there. I have a good friend that carried a T 9 for awhile I shot it some it was OK it just felt way bigger than it should have for single stack 9.

I have a K9 I carry from time to time & really like the size, not to big but big enough.

K9

If the gun were for carry, I'd probably get the K9 because of its smaller size and better concealability. For range or other use the T9 would be fine. I personally own the MK9, which is smaller than the K9 and very concealable. The MK9 magazine is small, however, at 6 rounds for the flush fitting mag.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

I have a T9, in my opinion it is the best looking gun Kahr makes. It also has great ergos and points wonderfully. Its a great range gun but the K9 would be smaller and easier to conceal. I carry the CW9 most of the time. It is a polymer frame making it lighter but it is a very soft shooter. The grip will allow a full three finger grasp which is a must for me. Good luck in your search. My T9 below.

K9, Colt 3 5 7
    Colt Python 6",4", 2.5"
    Sig P225
    Sig P239 SAS/DAK
    Colt Diamondback
    Colt Trooper .357

Administrator
    Id go K, for the same reasons already mentioned.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Either the K9 or T9 is a good choice for carry. The T9 isn't all that large. It is still pretty compact and in fact it is very similar to the reknown HK P7 in almost every measure. Those who like the P7 for carry should also like the Kahr T9.

The K9 has the advantage over the T9 in that it is offered with more options. The T9 comes one way only, whereas the K9 comes in all black, has more grip choices and is of course a bit smaller and more easily concealed. The K9 has a laser available.

I wouldn't overlook the polymer Kahrs for carry choices. My favorite is the TP9. All the advantages of the larger T9, but in a much lighter weight package.

Tough to beat the all black K9 for a all business CCW.

Great pics(above). I have a T and an MK. I think they are a great combo.
    Attached Images

Links