I'm going to start carrying a Glock - Page 3

I'm going to start carrying a Glock

This is a discussion on I'm going to start carrying a Glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Comp Tac for my carry holsters. I really like the 2 o'clock with the j hook. I have no use for a laser....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: I'm going to start carrying a Glock

Comp Tac for my carry holsters. I really like the 2 o'clock with the j hook. I have no use for a laser.
    TY54712

KoB

Re: I'm going to start carrying a Glock

Darebear...please dont take my "flip flop" comment to heart...flip flop all you want...for it's your weapon & your life on the line; so be "Content" with your decisions!

As far as lasers, I turned them of my two revolvers ...why, because when I would practice my draw from pocket concealment, I would "chase the dot" with my eyes...sorta like tunnel vision. Meaning I was too worried about where the laser dot was located. This in my opinion was a habit I didn't want to form. You may not have that problem...each person is different!

Good Luck!

KMB, I
    darebear likes this.

Just picked up a G23 Gen 4 for carry myself. I have a Comptac MTAC IWB holster and also a Galco SOB holster. I use the Galco more often than not because my body build just lends itself to it nicely. I too drank the Kool-Aid and so far, it tastes pretty good.

I remember years ago holding a Glock and I didn't like the feel of the gun at all. Now fast forward to last year and I found myself holding a Gen4 Glock 40 S&W SF and I loved the feel of the gun. Now after a year of research I'm ready to buy a Glock.

I'm not a Glock fanboy, but you cannot go wrong with your choice. I own several other makes but for carry you can't beat a Glock.

I'm going to start carrying a Glock
    So... I'm deciding to carry a Glock 19...
    Excellent choice. Your G19 is just right for carry in that it's small enough to conceal easily yet big enough to shoot well. It's dead nuts reliable and easy to maintain as well. You can field strip it in seconds and detail strip it in minutes for maintenance cleaning. I have two of them, a 19 and a 17.

VIP Member
    It's tough to let ego go by the way side and use what works best. As Americans I think we get caught up in the classic "it cost more, it must be better" thought process.
    smolck and darebear like this.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I carry a Glock 19 in the fall and winter and a Kahr CM9 in Sticky Holster in front pocket of cargo shorts in summer. Highly recommend the G19!

mkh
    I recently acquired a gen 3 G19 and I love how light and easy to conceal it is compared to my Sigs.

VIP Member
    I keep my Sigs and H&Ks in the safe, Glocks are the what I carry.

I got rid of my HKs and Sigs to get into Glocks. I started off with Glocks. I have come full circle and am happy. Though
    I am looking at the M&P line.

Gen4's spring issues are not an issue anymore. I own a 26 G4 and a 17 G4 w/ zero issues. As for a holster that can be used as IWB or OWB. I would go with a Raven Concealment Phantom holster. The holster can be easily converted. The holster also has a WIDE range of light compatibility (laser too).
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit2011 View Post
    Gen4's spring issues are not an issue anymore.
    While absolutely true, I put an aftermarket spring in mine that has a solid barrel guy rod for added front end weight and was particularly impressed with how much it took off on the recoil. The new spring design works very well (I have a friend that has at least 20K rounds...so he claims anyway...through a Gen 4 with new spring with no probs) but the aftermarket ones are amazing.

I apparently have deformed hands.
    The Gen 3 Glocks all fit my hand like a glove.....and I'm now on my 4th and 5th Glock 19. Nothing gives me that warm fuzzy feeling like carrying my very best friend every day. Glock 19.
    Fitch and wraithls1 like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    The Glock 19 is a really good carry pistol. I'm carrying my 7 year old Gen 3 Glock 19 as I type this. It's a great winter carry gun. I have trouble hiding it in the summer, but from the time it's okay to wear a sweatshirt till it's too warm for it, I carry either my 19 or my 26. I used to carry the 26 pretty much all winter, the 19 was in the bed side safe with a rail light on it.

I didn't carry it because the need to handle it in the dark, with my wife asleep, and my eyes not dark adapted, was just an accident waiting to happen. I bought my self a Glock 17 for the bed side safe, and suddenly the Glock 19 is spending a lot of time at body temperature. The 26 has joined the P238 and LCP in the closet safe where I keep the carry pistols when I'm not carrying them.

My primary summer carry has been the P238, but I'm hoping the new XDs is enough thinner than the 26 to take over the summer carry duty and hide under an untucked polo shirt or t-shirt. We'll see. The holster has been ordered.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links