I'm going to start carrying a Glock - Page 4

I'm going to start carrying a Glock

This is a discussion on I'm going to start carrying a Glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat I keep my Sigs and H&Ks in the safe, Glocks are the what I carry. Same here, I'm a fan of ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: I'm going to start carrying a Glock

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    I keep my Sigs and H&Ks in the safe, Glocks are the what I carry.
    Same here, I'm a fan of ALL my guns, but I carry my Glock, no hate just a personal choice that I feel good with.
    My EDC G27 gen. 4
    Favorite range gun G23 gen. 3

NRA Life Member

I really want a Glock 19 Gen 4 for carry in the colder months. I've completely gotten over Glocks not being pretty because my carry guns are tools, not things to show off. I'm not a "Glock guy". Never have been. I'm not brand loyal at all. But the Glock 19 didn't get its reputation overnight. It's a proven platform. If it's good enough for military and LE, it's good enough for me.

A Glock 19 and my Walther PPS would make a great carry combo.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    It's tough to let ego go by the way side and use what works best. As Americans I think we get caught up in the classic "it cost more, it must be better" thought process.
    Yes it was very tough for me.

I carry a Glock 23 everyday but I put some skateboard tape on the grip for a better feel for me.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Quote Originally Posted by KoB View Post
    Darebear...please dont take my "flip flop" comment to heart...flip flop all you want...for it's your weapon & your life on the line; so be "Content" with your decisions!

As far as lasers, I turned them of my two revolvers ...why, because when I would practice my draw from pocket concealment, I would "chase the dot" with my eyes...sorta like tunnel vision. Meaning I was too worried about where the laser dot was located. This in my opinion was a habit I didn't want to form. You may not have that problem...each person is different!

Good Luck!

KMB, I
    Oh no sir. I didn't. I acknowledge me flip flopping these past couple years, all the while trying to find my niche'. I was just explaining my mindset...

But after a few gun shop trips it looks like I won't be doing any flip flopping for atleast a month or two... The shelves around here are E.M.P.T.Y. After talking to alot of people who has been through the first AWB they seem to think the market will calm down and adjust so I'll just keep saving until then.

Quote Originally Posted by darebear View Post
    I acknowledge that there are balistically superior calibers but the 9mm works for me more than any other semi auto caliber.
    Eh, ain't gonna beat that dead horse.

The 9mm is plenty sufficient as a defensive round. Medical examiners have established that time and time again.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    As for the flip flopping, I started off with a Glock 17. Then a Berretta 92, another Glock, a Kimber, an HK P2000 and P2000sk, and then a lot of 9mm Sigs. I sold the Sigs and am back at the Glock lineup. I like 9mm Glocks very much. I am only possibly being swayed by the M&P lineup in 9mm. But there is nothing wrong with finding what you like.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by llmstratocaster View Post
    Eh, ain't gonna beat that dead horse.

The 9mm is plenty sufficient as a defensive round. Medical examiners have established that time and time again.
    . I bet it took at least two 9mm rounds to kill that horse. One shot with a big ol' .45 ACP and the horse would have dropped like a rock...

Just saying what we're all thinking. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by ROFL SQUAD View Post
    Does the Koolaid taste how you thought it would? :D

I believe normal sale Glocks get two mags, and Blue label and the GSSF program (red label?) get three mags.
    Don't the competition Glocks get 3 mags as well? Or is that just fancy wording with the Blue and Red labels??? I have been considering getting into the GSSF and wanted to get heavily into shooting more this year than last but with recent events its kind of difficult to get ahold of.

I'm going to start carrying a Glock

ZQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw a chart online where someone took the Marshall and Sanow study and put together the weapons and shells, and the 1 shot stop percentages in actual street shootings. Turns out from that the .40 and .357 are the most consistent across numerous types of ammo, followed closely by the .44 Mag. and the 9MM.

In reality, I think it means that if you get the gun that fits, and the self defense rounds that works best with your weapon of choice, any four of them are the best choices.

The worst? Yep, 22LR and .25.

I'm sure many of you have seen this before, but I'll post the link JIC:

Of course - with all that said, I vote for you bumping up to the Glock 23. Bought it myself and absolutely love it.

Congratulations on you choice of the G19. I have one and absolutely love it. Easy to CC, accurate, dependable, easy to maintain.

First post for me here. I've been through these forums for several months now and finally registered. I just picked up a Glock 22 Gen4 last week and LOVE it. I've got several other pistols I've been borrowing and renting for testing to help settle on a brand, caliber and model. The 9mm (19 or 17) was my first preference, but the 40 didn't feel much "worse", so here I am a new gun, Glock, .40S&W owner! This is my first pistol purchase, but not likely my last.

Love the utilitarian look of the Glock, but more importantly it's the brand I picked up quickest to shoot accurately and kept coming back to want to shoot more. Wanting to practice is a big deal and the Glock fits that mold for me.

I'm already eyeing a gen3 27 for CC. I've shot the gen3 26 and loved it too, but thought my first purchase should be a full size pistol (just my take). Other options are the Sig P938 or Nano9 (enjoyed those too). But, the simplicity of the Glock and consistent platform of the 22 to 27 have added attractiveness. Haven't found any Gen4 27's, so thus the possible Gen3 for my CC (don't mind the older grips, but do prefer the newer Gen4's).

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darebear View Post
    Oh no sir. I didn't. I acknowledge me flip flopping these past couple years, all the while trying to find my niche'. I was just explaining my mindset...

But after a few gun shop trips it looks like I won't be doing any flip flopping for atleast a month or two... The shelves around here are E.M.P.T.Y. After talking to alot of people who has been through the first AWB they seem to think the market will calm down and adjust so I'll just keep saving until then.
    It's not call flip flopping, it's called growing in experience and knowledge. I have flipped flopped a little myself, but I do have a little excuse. It's called options! Guess what I carry? Glock or M&P, both are superb.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

New Member Array 3RidersApproach's Avatar
    Like many here, I have quite a few truly excellent pistols, including a lot of Glocks, 1911s, M&Ps, Hi-Powers, etc. I love them all in different ways.

But if I could only keep just one of them, the G19 might just be the one that combines almost all of the disparate desirable defense gun attributes reasonably well in one comfortable, nice sized package.

Excellent choice, I believe, that you will never regret.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links