Picked up a G26 Gen 4 today....Thanks for all the help

This is a discussion on Picked up a G26 Gen 4 today....Thanks for all the help within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks to everyone for their help with my subjective questions...but I picked up a G26 today...the last one for about $80 less than I was ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Brad426
  • 1 Post By wondering

Thread: Picked up a G26 Gen 4 today....Thanks for all the help

Thanks to everyone for their help with my subjective questions...but I picked up a G26 today...the last one for about $80 less than I was expecting to spend. I had to jump on it.

I rented a Gen 3 G26 and a M&P 9c and both shot well. I was very impressed with the M&P as a shooting platform, but the mag release was a bit too high...that combined with the pinky rest plastic on the mag being so high made for an awkward reload for me. I'm left-handed and I had to keep my fingers around the mag release while tapping. I also inadvertently released the mag once while racking the slide.

The Glock shot well and I can only imagine the Gen 4 will shoot even better with the smaller grip. The 3 mags in the case, an abundance of lefty holsters, and the interchangeability of 9mm mags (I have 2 G19 mags on backorder) sold me on the Glock.

Now...any tips for my initial cleaning and lubing? Or must-have accessories?

Thanks again this is a great community.

Congrats and let me be the first to say "Pictures or it didn't happen".
    TX expat likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

VIP Member
    Bullets. You'll need lots and lots of bullets.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Very nice, you made a great choice. When you get a chance post some pics for us. Follow your manual for cleaning and soon you will get a feel for exactly what you need to do to keep her running.

Beyond the obvious (a good gun belt and holster), I really like these on the 10-round magazines
    GAP Enterprises Floor Plates-Finger Rest Extension for Glock 26, 27, 33 - Glock Accessories

I carry the 10-round in the firearm with a G19 mag in my coatpocket or shorts pocket in warmer weather.
    I am awaiting delivery of this as well:
    Amazon.com: Safariland 123 Concealment Magazine Holder, Black Plain 123-83-2: Sports & Outdoors

I have Pearce +0 mag pinky extensions ordered and I'm leaning toward a N82 professional holster. I'll probably start my "holster drawer" by adding a Crossbreed IWB to the mix.

I too am a Gen 4 Model 26 man. My only change was to the sights (Heinie Slant Pro rear and Dawson fiber optic in front), everything else was left bone stock. My wife also has a G26 but one generation older.

When it comes to magazines, I left one stock, a couple got GAP floor plates --- these are for deep concealment in a Galco Second Amendment or Smart Carry and shirts that are tucked in. The next step, for shirt tails out is the Glock + mag extension and finally, for an OWB holster I picked up a Glock sport/combat holster for about $12, and then I heated and shaped the belt loops so they wrap around my right side. I strap my belt through the loops from behind and then OVER the holster for a really tight fit at about 3:30. For home defense and IDPA matches, I picked up a couple X-Grip mag adapters for my 15-round magazines; makes it feel almost identical to a G19.

You'll love it. As some others have said, buy lots of ammunition and get to your local IDPA shoots on a regular basis.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy - Tom Waits

Get those GAP finger rest extensions! Nice purchase...

Great gun. I have a G26, G33, and a G19 myself. Most firepower available in a package that small.
    S&W Bodyguard .380
    Glock 42
    Glock 26
    Glock 33
    Steyr M40

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Congrats on the new addition!

If you're taking SD ammo recommendations, I'd recommend feeding your new baby some Gold Dots but really the thing isn't finicky at all. It'll eat anything you throw at it.

I like to put night sights on my Glocks so I'd recommend considering some Trijicons. ;-)

Congrats on your new baby. More mags are needed. A quality holster and belt. And you are good to go.
    Question Everything!

I didn't realize pics were a tradition....but here goes...sorry for the camera phone image quality.

G26.jpg
    aus71383 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wondering View Post
    I didn't realize pics were a tradition....but here goes...sorry for the camera phone image quality.

G26.jpg
    Awwwww. They're so cute when they're small!

Grats on an nice pistola!
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Links