Defensive Carry banner

Kel-tec PF-9

4K views 32 replies 31 participants last post by  godawgs82 
#1 ·
My sister just got her ccw permit, but she still doesn't have a pistol and I stumbled across a kel-tec pf-9 the other day at a gun show. For the type of carrying she will do and the very affordable price point of under $300 is it a good reliable carry gun?

#29 ·
Just got my pf9 Saturday, and shot 140ish rounds today through it flawlessly. Ate blazer brass and academy's monarch brass no problem. Recoil was definitely there, but i expected that so it doesn't bother me and i am very happy with it.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

#31 ·
I think it's a fair statement that this gun is at best unpredictable in hardcore reliability. I would personally spend a little more and invest in a more reliable brand and model, even if it means getting a good quality lightly used gun from a reputable individual or shop. If you are using this for a CC piece, it needs to work on demand, without fail. A J-frame S&W is an excellent choice for a lady as a first gun. Good luck.

#32 ·
Kel Tec PF9 serves its purpose

I just purchased a Springfield XD9sc and love it. I does everything better than my Kel-Tec. The recoil is easily managed by my 15 year old daughter. It is a pleasure to shoot. However, the slide alone weighs more than the PF9 loaded! I think of my PF9 like the emergency jack in the trunk of my car, I hardly ever think about it,most of the time I forget it is even there. It is not attractive, the finish is poor with rough edges, it is not particularly fun to use and there are many superior options available. On the side of a dark highway in an emergency it is a true blessing and a lifesaver!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.