Anyone carry a .22 cal. pistol?

This is a discussion on Anyone carry a .22 cal. pistol? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Exacto I know someone who does, and she does because she can handle it well, shoot it well, and for her it ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Anyone carry a .22 cal. pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by Exacto View Post
    I know someone who does, and she does because she can handle it well, shoot it well, and for her it is her choice. A nine shot 22 LR revolver. Her logic is , I think it's better to carry a gun I am comfortable with, can shoot well, can control, than a bigger gun that I can't do those things as well with. She is a firearms instructor, and a good one, but she knows and excepts her limitations. Can't argue with that logic.
    I wish this "good" firearms instructor luck if she ever needs to use her Taurus 94 .22L for self defense. I guarantee you that her armed adversary will NOT be shooting at her with a .22.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Realleycat View Post
    I read your post several times, and I really don't understand what the "Rant" is about??? Are you saying not to conceal carry a firearm.....
    My apologies, I should have identified what exactly I was talking about. I was referring specifically to the Flashbang Holster for the ladies.

-Russ
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. --George Washington

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    I agree Zonker, She is a good instructor on the shooting fundamentals, self defense tactics, not so much.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowbait View Post
    My apologies, I should have identified what exactly I was talking about. I was referring specifically to the Flashbang Holster for the ladies.

-Russ
    You are right, they don't look very safe!!! Anything to make a buck...
    Tony

.22?

That's not the worst it can get. I carry the "pimp special" on occasion. The original Saturday Night Special, Ring of Fire .25 cal. At least the .22 has more penetration.

SR22 Pistol.jpg

I'll carry my SR22 in the Crossbreed holster every once in a while for a change of pace. I only stack with Velocitor rounds and carry 2 extra mags with me. The SR22 is very accurate and just as deadly as anything else at close range. Ten shots within 2 1/2 seconds center mass and no recoil....you betch'a. Otherwise, the SR9c gets the call with HST 147 +P rounds.

Check out these two CCI videos on their Velocitor rounds (gel and wood test on part 2 video):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvK9QlQtrKI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdNkf...ture=endscreen
    Last edited by brookl089; January 11th, 2013 at 06:11 PM. Reason: added video links

Quote Originally Posted by KoriBustard View Post
    I carry an M&P 9c, but have considered carrying my Ruger SR22 as a backup. Just not sure I need (or want) to carry a back-up. Which brings me to another question. How many here carry more than one firearm?
    I carry 3 guns on me because I don't carry spare magazines for my primary gun and have a back up gun in the same caliber. My third gun is actually a full size pistol with 15 rounds mags and I do carry 2 spare magazines for it. The third gun is in a shoulder holster setup and will not be my go-to gun unless the first two guns are taken from me or I know I will be stuck in a gun fight and running isn't an option. If that is ever a case, I will always use my high-capacity gun to get back to my truck for a rifle that I didn't have on me.

Since I carry no wallet or a lot of junks such as iPod, 2 smart phones, and tons of changes, I can afford to be armed adequately. We all make a choice and that is mine. I don't carry a pocket knife either since I don't bring knife to a gun fight. Fortunately, I never had to use my guns and probably will keep it that way till the end of time. Living out in the sticks has its advantage.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links