HK USP 45 Compact vs Sig P220 Carry

This is a discussion on HK USP 45 Compact vs Sig P220 Carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have started to gain more of an interest in getting either an HK USP 45 Compact or a Sig P220 Carry. I was wondering ...

I have started to gain more of an interest in getting either an HK USP 45 Compact or a Sig P220 Carry. I was wondering if any members here have both or have owned both and how they compare to each other in terms of weight and and thinness. Also given the round count of the USP 45 C is it a single stack magazine or is it a double stack? The HK website did not say.

I am pretty sure the HK is a double stack. Both are good choices.
    At one with the gun.

Can't beat H&K's quality, I have owned several including the USP compact. You can pick one up used for around $650-$700 which is a awesome. I'd definitely recommend the LEM light trigger variant and you'll never look at another brand again. It's that good. I currently carry the P2000sk LEM light because I like its more compact size and the .40 cal round.

PS It's not double stacked like Springfield does it. It's more staggered.

Quote Originally Posted by Bstock87 View Post
    Can't beat H&K's quality, I have owned several including the USP compact. You can pick one up used for around $650-$700 which is a awesome. I'd definitely recommend the LEM light trigger variant and you'll never look at another brand again. It's that good. I currently carry the P2000sk LEM light because I like its more compact size and the .40 cal round.

PS It's not double stacked like Springfield does it. It's more staggered.
    I won't argue that Sigs beat H&K's quality, but I'd sure maintain they equal it.

Comparison USP vs. Sig

I can't exactly duplicate the two guns you mentioned, but I can come fairly close. I have the H&K USP40c and the Sig P245. My USP is very similar to the USP45c except for caliber, and my P245 is very similar to the P220 carry except for grip length. In answer to your question, I believe the Sig is slightly thinner than the USP, and the USP weighs about 6 ounces less than the Sig because of a polymer frame being lighter than an aluminum frame. The USP is a little easier to carry all day because of this weight difference. Both guns are very accurate and reliable, and I would recommend either one.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Links