Picked up springfield xds 45 today.

This is a discussion on Picked up springfield xds 45 today. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Kahr CM9 that has been flawless, but the XDs just will NOT leave my mind! 5+1 of .45ACP versus 6+1 of 9mm ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Picked up springfield xds 45 today.

I have a Kahr CM9 that has been flawless, but the XDs just will NOT leave my mind! 5+1 of .45ACP versus 6+1 of 9mm and reloads of the same size (7rds) and I do love Springfields, whereas Kahr has a somewhat iffy reputation.

While I'm not a huge believer in any one caliber (I carry 9mm, .38 and .357 handguns) but it is hard to argue when the capacity is so close and you're looking at a 230gr bullet versus a 124gr bullet...well...
    MamaMaria likes this.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

2. Remove Ads

I put 25 rounds down range with an XDs .45 and it was, by far, the most painful gun I tried. I didn't even want to put all 25 shots through it due to the harsh recoil.

Glad you enjoy your purchase though!

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP4ever View Post
    I have a Kahr CM9 that has been flawless, but the XDs just will NOT leave my mind! 5+1 of .45ACP versus 6+1 of 9mm and reloads of the same size (7rds) and I do love Springfields, whereas Kahr has a somewhat iffy reputation.

While I'm not a huge believer in any one caliber (I carry 9mm, .38 and .357 handguns) but it is hard to argue when the capacity is so close and you're looking at a 230gr bullet versus a 124gr bullet...well...
    Same thought process for me. Traded a Sig P238 for the XD-s. Couldn't be more pleased with my decision, as well. C'mon, 45ACP4ever, you know you want one...All the cool people are getting 'em (and your name and all...)
    EDC--XD9 Service and/or XDs-45 depending on my mood
    Soon-to-be new mama to a S&W 66-2 4"

Quote Originally Posted by Curzyk View Post
    I put 25 rounds down range with an XDs .45 and it was, by far, the most painful gun I tried. I didn't even want to put all 25 shots through it due to the harsh recoil.

Glad you enjoy your purchase though!
    The fact that "felt" recoil is so subjective is sometimes forgotten. It's good to get feedback both positive and negative from different people. As I've been gaining shooting experience over the last year, I've found that what is "soft shooting" for one is "kicks like a mule" to others. I, for example, dislike the kick of .380 pocket pistols and .40S&W in general. But something about the recoil of .45ACP definitely agrees with me (except the price, lol).
    EDC--XD9 Service and/or XDs-45 depending on my mood
    Soon-to-be new mama to a S&W 66-2 4"

Recoil is harsh but I tend to not think about it because I hit whatever I point this gun at. For its size it is amazingly accurate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links