DIY magwell for Glocks? (and +2 for mag)

This is a discussion on DIY magwell for Glocks? (and +2 for mag) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; is there a DIY no gunsmith magwells out there for the glock? I want to add it to my service pistol, but can't do any ...

Thread: DIY magwell for Glocks? (and +2 for mag)

DIY magwell for Glocks? (and +2 for mag)

is there a DIY no gunsmith magwells out there for the glock?

I want to add it to my service pistol, but can't do any major modifications. pretty much has to be a quick DIY that doesn't require taking any parts off etc.

any suggestions?

and also any +2 extenders you can recommend for the G22? not sure if there are multiple brands out there.

thanks!

2. Remove Ads

The Glock brand +2 are good - but I'd want an extra power spring. Arredondo makes good extensions - I recommend them.

Also Pearce Grip makes some +2 extensions.

Glock: Glock Factory +2 Magazine Extension Fits 9mm/.40caliber /.357SIG)
    Pearce Grip: Pearce Grips
    Arredondo +6: http://glockstore.com/pgroup_descrip...Mag+Extension/
    ...and +3: Glock Base Pad & Spring for 9mm/.40S&W from Arredondo Accessories

Here's an extension - no experience with it at all. http://glockstore.com/pgroup_descrip...+Glocks/#video
    And here's Dawson Precision magwells: www.dawsonprecision.com MAGWELLS, MAIN SPRING HOUSINGS AND BACKSTRAPS:Magwell Glock Category

Everything is on the internet. Especially for Glocks. Not sure about the mag well thing. Good luck with that.

Austin

single tap....but double post.

TY54712

I use factory Glock +2 extensions, but my pistols are 9mm. Not sure if they add 2 rounds to .40 or just 1.

I've heard a lot of good things about Dawson Precision magwells but decided to go with another option for my G17.

I wanted something that was more low profile and that I could still conceal if needed. I chose the Sentinel Designs Glock magwell. It was designed specifically with duty pistols in mind. It is not as large as the competition models that are out there and has had the fat trimmed away in a lot of places. The competition magwells are usually large and great at what they are designed for but a little bulky for daily carry in my opinion. Here are some pics (with a factory Glock +2 extension).

Install was easy, just 2 screws. I did do some sanding on the inside of the Glock grip though. My one complaint about the magwell is that the piece that goes into the Glock grip didn't angle to fill the small lip on the back of the Glock. It was a super easy fix with sand paper, although I'm sure you couldn't do that with your duty pistol. It wasn't really that big of a deal, just something I felt like doing. You'll have to decide which is better for you....a larger dedicated competition magwell that may be a little better performance wise, or a low profile model that will be easier to carry and is a lot less bulky. It is only available for full size Gen 3's right now but Gen 4 and compact (G19/23) models are in the works.

thanks guys! just what I wanted!

Links