What would YOU carry in the florida heat?

This is a discussion on What would YOU carry in the florida heat? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Another guy here in Southwesd Florida and year round I usually carry my Smith &Wesson Shorty 45 in a horsehide #3 Kramer IWB holster or ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What would YOU carry in the florida heat?

Another guy here in Southwesd Florida and year round I usually carry my Smith &Wesson Shorty 45 in a horsehide #3 Kramer IWB holster or my Rohraugh R-9 in a horsehide High Noon IWB holster.
    I always wear cargo shorts and a colored T at work and when also when I am off running around the town.

2. Remove Ads

I would carry the same thing I carry now...Glock 19 AIWB in a Fricke Archangel. Underarmor t-shirts are great for the heat IMO.

Get a small .380 and a pocket holster for shorts or cargo shorts. Or carry it in an appendix carry holster. It would disappear under a t-shirt.

What would YOU carry in the florida heat?

I'd carry the same thing I carry in the east texas heat and humidity. A Springfield XD-9 4".

-BTO-
    -BTO-

Quote Originally Posted by Goat_Herder View Post
    Get a small .380 and a pocket holster for shorts or cargo shorts. Or carry it in an appendix carry holster. It would disappear under a t-shirt.
    This does seem like the best option. Of course there is the concern of not having enough stopping power, and reliability. The LCP seems to be a real winner but also the lack of sights means it is only really for ultra close encounters. I really wish there was a .380 that was shootable, reliable and had sights. The P380 seems to be this gun but it is not reliable at all. Then the issue with the P238 is the SA and safety. Not so sure I'd want a safety on a pocket gun, since if I am forced to draw the person would probably be right next to me and the safety is one more thing to worry about.

I'm starting to think a pocket .380 in the summer and a g26 or similar variant IWB for the colder days will be the best bet.

VIP Member
    Hey at least in Florida u have a breeze most of the time. Get inland in some of the southern states with that summer heat and then put on some oppressive humidity on top of it all. Then ur drenched in sweat in 5 minutes. Everything against ur body is bad even the clothes u have on. It's just awful.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Re: What would YOU carry in the florida heat?

Ruger LCP or S&W 442/642 in a pocket holster.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links