Talon grips

This is a discussion on Talon grips within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got a set for my gen 4 glock 19. I have not had a chance to shoot with grips on but did some ...

Thread: Talon grips

Talon grips

I just got a set for my gen 4 glock 19. I have not had a chance to shoot with grips on but did some dry fire. Cant belive the difference in feel from regular grips to talon grips. I got the granulated version. His customer service is top notch to i emailed him on December 31st and had a reply back on January 1st. Never thought he would answer back on a holiday he gave me a phone number to call since i dont like using credit card on internet. Great product and great customer service. Cant wait till tomorrow when i can shot it is already dark here.
    Every saint has a past
    Every sinner has a future
    Carrying since 2013
    NRA member since 2013

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Timkid View Post
    I just got a set for my gen 4 glock 19. I have not had a chance to shoot with grips on but did some dry fire. Cant belive the difference in feel from regular grips to talon grips. I got the granulated version. His customer service is top notch to i emailed him on December 31st and had a reply back on January 1st. Never thought he would answer back on a holiday he gave me a phone number to call since i dont like using credit card on internet. Great product and great customer service. Cant wait till tomorrow when i can shot it is already dark here.
    I have one sitting on my desk for my Nano :) let me know how you like them - I wanted the rubberized ones but I ordered the granulated by mistake . Looking forward to the range report

I have the rubberized on my CM9 and they are awesome!
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    Rubberized here and they're really nice. I blow dried the crap outta them and they molded like a glove.

See i wondered about the rubberized ones but my hands tend to sweat and thought my hand would slip.
    Every saint has a past
    Carrying since 2013
    NRA member since 2013

I have been thinking about the granulated for a while for my Glock 27. I always felt like they may unstick or something. Is sticking to the gun a problem with talon grips or do they hold well? I can't afford to keep replacing them, so that's why I'm asking.
    I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

I have rubber, love them, you should never have to replace them,

I've looked at these and also the Falcon grips - look very similar. I'd get granulated if anything.

Austin

I had the granulated ones for my XD and they were the best, but I carry IWB, so they rubbed the skin on my side raw. Switched to the rubber, they are not as good as the granulated ones, but they are still very good and don't rub your skin. My choice is the granulated ones are better than the rubber ones, but for IWB where the grip of your gun rubs against your skin, you wil be in pain almost immediately. When I did IWB with a shirt between the grip and my skin, the granulated grips would slightly snag on the shirt.

My conclusion: House gun or OWB, go with the granular grips. Best grip ever. IWB, pocket, go with the rubber ones. Still get a good grip and it doesn't sand your skin away.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesewiz View Post
    I have one sitting on my desk for my Nano :) let me know how you like them - I wanted the rubberized ones but I ordered the granulated by mistake . Looking forward to the range report

Went out and did some shooting today. Grips worked great hand was securely welded to grip. As a bonus it was raining when i went out thought that would be good in testing them. Shot 3 mags and at no point did my hand move from grips. As txron mentioned i have read that if carried iwb undershirt is necessary. I cant coment still waiting on sheriff to call on ccw. And waiting on holster from old faithful. But in my
    opinion these grips are great and will go on every gun i own that Talon makes grips for.
    Every saint has a past
    Carrying since 2013
    NRA member since 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Timkid View Post
    Went out and did some shooting today. Grips worked great hand was securely welded to grip. As a bonus it was raining when i went out thought that would be good in testing them. Shot 3 mags and at no point did my hand move from grips. As txron mentioned i have read that if carried iwb undershirt is necessary. I cant coment still waiting on sheriff to call on ccw. And waiting on holster from old faithful. But in my
    opinion these grips are great and will go on every gun i own that Talon makes grips for.
    Thanks. :)

Have them on my glock and M&P's, love them.
    "Life is tough; it's tougher when you're stupid."

I have the rubber ones on my G17 and G21, fit great and love them. Have the granulated on my M&P Shield, don't fit just right, still like them, helps the grip a lot on the small Shield, but don't love it like the Glock. Nothing feels better in my hand than Talon grips on a Glock.

New set on XDs

I put a set on my XDs last night. Pretty simple installation. Boy the blow drier certainly made a difference. They feel great!!

Can't wait to get to the range to give them a real work out

Nick

Links