Latest "Aquisition"

Latest "Aquisition"

This is a discussion on Latest "Aquisition" within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, remember I was mentioning last week about that OMC Backup 380? (OMC and TDE were the original mfgrs of these little guns) Well, here ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Latest "Aquisition"

Ok, remember I was mentioning last week about that OMC Backup 380? (OMC and TDE were the original mfgrs of these little guns) Well, here are a few pix of that little gun. Notice the grips, as they're Ivory scrimshaw, something that I didn't expect, as I got the gun for DIRT CHEAP (125.00 in a private sale, and I know the grips are worth twice that amount LOL )
    Also, notice the Mag, with a steel follower. Years ago, these little guns came with steel followers, not the plastic ones. Therefore, after reading an articla in G&A some 25 yrs ago, about grinding the legs of the follower about .060...........it makes the gun into a 6+1 gun (7 shooter)
    If you ever run across a OMC, with wood grips and a metal follower, scoop it up, as it's not the same workmanship as the AMT guns.............only better.. and YES, they DO work, and quite well, as I'll post a range report this weekend on it...... BTW, this little gun has had some kind of trigger work, including a ramp job on it.........so it should be a keeper gun for sure

Attached Images
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

thats a neat little gun

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White View Post
    thats a neat little gun
    I'll have some pix of your future "neat little gun" as well.........tomorow night, when I go work at the store...........send me your e mail and I'll be sending you some pix........heheheh

Administrator
    The cost of the Scrim on the grips plus the grips is worth more than $125.00

The grips look like they could have been purchased from Boone Trading Co and done by one of their scrimmers there.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    The cost of the Scrim on the grips plus the grips is worth more than $125.00

The grips look like they could have been purchased from Boone Trading Co and done by one of their scrimmers there.
    Larry............I'm not sure where the grips came from, as the guy was an older person..............might have had em on there for quite a while, but not sure......like you said.........it was like Dunkin Donuts....."Worth the trip" lol.
    I looked inside the gun, it's very clean, and it's had a trigger job, as well as ramp polishing............ I have some nice Corbons and Federal just waiting to be used

Assistant Administrator
    Bob - just not sure whether to laugh or cry

Dang it fella - you have a ''nose'' for stuff and worse still - you get lucky too

What a stellar find at such a good price. Nice job
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

nice gun, but if you want to make it your carry gun you must,,,, take it to the range and shoot it. i repeat, shoot it. if you can get one mag down range without and problems then it is a carrry gun. most gun fights are two to three shots (about one mag), i known, been there/done that, got the t-shirt!!!! the best carry gun is a gun that you carry on you, not a gun that is in the car or at home. shoot the gun, i repeat,,, shoot the gun, get to know the gun, then carry it. i carry a kel-tec 3pat as a "bug" on the job and i "bet" my a$$ on it.

Quote Originally Posted by frankmako View Post
    nice gun, but if you want to make it your carry gun you must,,,, take it to the range and shoot it. i repeat, shoot it. if you can get one mag down range without and problems then it is a carrry gun. most gun fights are two to three shots (about one mag), i known, been there/done that, got the t-shirt!!!! the best carry gun is a gun that you carry on you, not a gun that is in the car or at home. shoot the gun, i repeat,,, shoot the gun, get to know the gun, then carry it. i carry a kel-tec 3pat as a "bug" on the job and i "bet" my a$$ on it.
    I understand ya completly on what you're saying. any semi-auto needs to be 100% reliable in order to stake your butt on..
    I've had several of these little guns, and somehow, i've always sold em (the OMC guns)......and they've always worked 100% for me.. I have plenty of other carry guns as well........just in case.
    I have several loads expressedly for this litle gun, both Factory, and "home grown" as well...

I would like to know your "home grown" data on the 380 auto. i have been reloading some for my kel-tec, but it is hard to find any good reloading data. "pm" me if you wish with your data. thank you!!!!!

Class3NH, It has gotten to the point that I almost hesitate to open any threads from you that say "newest"... I love to drool over the pics, and then spend the rest of the day trying to figure out how to get 5 minutes ahead of you in finding these deals!!

Congrats on another great find!!

Quote Originally Posted by frankmako View Post
    I would like to know your "home grown" data on the 380 auto. i have been reloading some for my kel-tec, but it is hard to find any good reloading data. "pm" me if you wish with your data. thank you!!!!!
    3.2 Gr of PB powder, 90 Gr Sierra, Speer, Hornady bullet, along with a CCI 500 primer brings it up to about 985 FPS with a CUP of about 15700.....
    2.8 gr for the 100 Gr bullet.........
    MAX LOADS Listed above........(I go 1 tenth gr over until I see the primer beginning to "crater up"
    3.0 gr of 296 is good as well.. in the 100 gr bullet worked well.
    Red Dot and Green Dot work well also...........
    Seeing you have a Kel-Tec.........I'd say to start at 1/2 Gr below max and work your way up......
    Last edited by CLASS3NH; October 19th, 2006 at 09:40 PM.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar

nice gun

Different!I like it

Quote Originally Posted by kastiron View Post
    Class3NH, It has gotten to the point that I almost hesitate to open any threads from you that say "newest"... I love to drool over the pics, and then spend the rest of the day trying to figure out how to get 5 minutes ahead of you in finding these deals!!

Congrats on another great find!!
    hehehe I'm about 3 hrs ahead of you .........<East Coast time>
    BUT.........I can find you some good deals also...........I work here WWW.KTP.Com (part time)

Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    Different!I like it
    The OMC/TDE guns were the original Backups........before AMT took over..........they originated back in the mid 70s........this OMC is dated back into the 1976-78 era....

http://www.recguns.com/Sources/VG1.html <--suggested deffensive ammo guide for a lot of calibers

http://www.chuckhawks.com/ammo_by_anonymous.htm

http://www.internetarmory.com/handgunammo.htm REALLY GOOD RESOURCES

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    3.2 Gr of PB powder, 90 Gr Sierra, Speer, Hornady bullet, along with a CCI 500 primer brings it up to about 985 FPS with a CUP of about 15700.....
    2.8 gr for the 100 Gr bullet.........
    MAX LOADS Listed above........(I go 1 tenth gr over until I see the primer beginning to "crater up"
    3.0 gr of 296 is good as well.. in the 100 gr bullet worked well.
    Red Dot and Green Dot work well also...........
    Seeing you have a Kel-Tec.........I'd say to start at 1/2 Gr below max and work your way up......
    thank you, i will load some up this weekend,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links