HK USP 45 Compact new or used

This is a discussion on HK USP 45 Compact new or used within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It seems that finding an HK USP .45 compact is alot harder than I thought. I was able to find a new one on gun ...

Thread: HK USP 45 Compact new or used

It seems that finding an HK USP .45 compact is alot harder than I thought. I was able to find a new one on gun broker for around $895 and assuming the price does not include shipping the total cost with transfer fees would come out to just under $1000. I was also able to locate a used one in my area for $800. The person selling it is the second owner and uses it as a carry gun. Assuming I can get pictures and it checks out which offer do you guys think would be best? Does $895 seem like a decent price for an HK USP .45 Compact?

JD
    Administrator
    Seems high for a USP. Used, I would say $650 - $750 range easy.

VIP Member
    I have been looking and haven't been able to find one. I'd be very tempted to buy the used one.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

HK's should and do hold their value, so if it's been well taken care of the used one should be fine. For some reason the compact models seem to be a bit pricier than the full size.

The price you mention does seem a bit high, but not indecently so, especially considering recent trends.

Good luck!

If I were to go the used route how would you guys ensure the gun was a legitimate gun and not a stolen one. I assume that since the guy has a carry permit I should be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by beni View Post
    If I were to go the used route how would you guys ensure the gun was a legitimate gun and not a stolen one. I assume that since the guy has a carry permit I should be good to go.
    I would see if he would be willing to take less than the $800 to a fellow Concealed carrier with a license to know he isn't selling to somebody that may be exempt from purchasing a gun,then get his info off his carry permit,if its a legit gun he won't flinch,and he may even want to see yours
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I would see if he would be willing to take less than the $800 to a fellow Concealed carrier with a license to know he isn't selling to somebody that may be exempt from purchasing a gun,then get his info off his carry permit,if its a legit gun he won't flinch,and he may even want to see yours
    Yup....selling to a guy that offers the info from his carry permit and asks for mine - that would give me a warm fuzzy that everything is above board.

$800 is not outlandish for a USP compact in good shape. I paid $750 for my 9mm USPc. It's older (dated 1994 if I recall correctly), but very little evidence of wear from real usage - just a little bit of holster wear. It also had a newish, very bright set of TruDot night sights on it. As another poster said, H&K's tend to hold their value quite well and hold up to a lot of rounds without much in the way of issues.

A retailer tried to steal my HK USP 45 for a song

I bought mine new, put a few 100 round boxes through it and its been in my safe ever since. I paid $1049 for it in 2009, and they offered me $500 cash, likely they would add a few hundred before they resell it. Its a crying shame they offered me half. I walked away. No slide wear, no holster marks and they cited the poor economy drove the prices down....whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by beni View Post
    It seems that finding an HK USP .45 compact is alot harder than I thought. I was able to find a new one on gun broker for around $895 and assuming the price does not include shipping the total cost with transfer fees would come out to just under $1000. I was also able to locate a used one in my area for $800. The person selling it is the second owner and uses it as a carry gun. Assuming I can get pictures and it checks out which offer do you guys think would be best? Does $895 seem like a decent price for an HK USP .45 Compact?

I paid $650.00 for mine quit a few years ago so that does not seem out of line today. By the way it is an EXCELLENT firearm. Mine has never had an FTF, FTE or malfunction of any kind with any ammo. Even though there is no +P+ in .45 the gun is rated for it.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

VIP Member
    Agreed with JD, seems to me the compact takes a couple bucks off. It is a great gun you will love it!
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

jyo
    A year or so back, I too was looking around for a USPc in 45---before one came along, a very clean 45C drifted by and now it lives here---updated, but very close to the same---they even take the same mags. Be patient, one or the other will come along...

Don't want to new hk45c? It's pretty much better in every way.

Sponsored Links