Shield AND LCP!!!

This is a discussion on Shield AND LCP!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just went to pick up my SHIELD! YESSSSS! They had such a great price on the LCP, picked one if those up, too! Totally stoked! ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CigarStix

Thread: Shield AND LCP!!!

Shield AND LCP!!!

Just went to pick up my SHIELD! YESSSSS! They had such a great price on the LCP, picked one if those up, too! Totally stoked! Cypress Armory did a great job for me!!
    Bark'n likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Enjoy! Also come back to tell us how they performed.

Two fine weapons.

i wouldn't take anything for my LCP. fine,fine piece of equipment.
    and i don't think s&w has ever made a bad piece, just some that were deemed below expected standards in the past

Congrats! Earlier today, I spoke with the owner of a LGS and he just received a Shield. He is asking $440 plus 6% tax and background fees ($25). How does that compare to what you paid?
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

I have both those guns and wouldn't part with either of them. My lcp is my primary carry for now till my shield holster gets here. They are night and day difference in how they shoot tho. I literally just got home from the range with the pair, letting a new ccw friend try them both. The shield is a joy to shoot while the lcp has quit a bark for such a small gun. Even though the shield will become my primary carry the lcp will still play a role as it is just so darn easy to conceal.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwill72 View Post
    Enjoy! Also come back to tell us how they performed.
    Congratulations!

Please do give us a range report when you can.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

Quote Originally Posted by 03mossy View Post
    I have both those guns and wouldn't part with either of them. My lcp is my primary carry for now till my shield holster gets here. They are night and day difference in how they shoot tho. I literally just got home from the range with the pair, letting a new ccw friend try them both. The shield is a joy to shoot while the lcp has quit a bark for such a small gun. Even though the shield will become my primary carry the lcp will still play a role as it is just so darn easy to conceal.
    I have several handguns, but my LCP and my Shield are my main carry weapons.
    I have had my LCP for a couple of years, no problems at all with it. Great pocket pistol.
    I just got my Shield and love it.

Re: Shield AND LCP!!!

Two great guns, I've been looking for a Sheild for months, hope i find one soon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post
    Congrats! Earlier today, I spoke with the owner of a LGS and he just received a Shield. He is asking $440 plus 6% tax and background fees ($25). How does that compare to what you paid?
    It depends on your area, some are hard to find shields. I'd say it's a good price. I would have paid that in a second rather than waiting for two months if I had the option.

That's an outstanding combination for a primary gun and a back-up gun. You won't even know that LCP is in your pocket.

I carry my LCP as either my back-up or as a third gun on occasion.

Sometimes my Shield is my primary, but often times it's a back-up. The nice thing about the Shield, is it can fill both roles, as either a primary or a back-up.

I'm hesitant to carry the LCP as my primary defensive weapon. But I have done so on rare occasions.

Congrats on the new Combo. Both are great!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Sweet let us know how they shoot. Lookin for a full range report.

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    I own both and they are absolute keepers. Both are outstanding pistols.

I have the LCP and it is my primary carry weapon. I love it for it's size, but it does have a bit of bark when shooting, but you would expect that from such a small gun.

Good luck!

Be safe!
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

Links