New HK USP .45 Compact

New HK USP .45 Compact

This is a discussion on New HK USP .45 Compact within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well it turns out I did not have to search too hard to find a new HK USP .45 Compact. Today after work I decided ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By beni

Thread: New HK USP .45 Compact

New HK USP .45 Compact

Well it turns out I did not have to search too hard to find a new HK USP .45 Compact. Today after work I decided to stop by the gun shop in the area that has the biggest selection to see if I could get some mag pouches. I had previously called this shop and other shops in the area to check if they had the gun in stock earlier in the week. Well it turns out that the guy I talked to on the phone decided to only read the labels on the guns and not actually look at the guns. I asked him if he had any USP .45 Compacts in stock and he said they didn't, they just had HK45's. Turns out they had two NIB USP .45 Compacts in stock both with the stainless steel slides. The tag only listed the price, Manufacturer, and caliber which might be the reason for his confusion. Needless to say I checked it out and and dry fired it a few times and decided to take it. From what I understand I did pay more for the gun. However, given how hard it is to find the stainless USP .45 C I'm happy with it. Also this shop's prices tend to be higher than others in the area. I paid about $1000 for the gun which came with 2 8 round flush fit magazines.

I'm pretty excited about this gun since I really liked the stainless slide when I was researching the gun and this is my first gun in .45 ACP. I plan on taking it to the range tomorrow and getting some rounds in. I'll probably shoot it in the DA mode to get used to the trigger. I shoot pretty decently with the DA on my ruger LCP so, I'll have to see how well I do with the HK.

Here's A pic of my new acquisition (sorry about the quality, I'm bad with taking pictures).

Hornberg likes this.

Nice pick up! HK's are great shooters and hold their value. Pick up a few more mags ( if you can find them :) )

Nice gun!

The H&K USP compacts are wonderful guns, and you did well to find one with stainless slide in .45 caliber. I have the same gun in .40 caliber, and it has served me well for many years. I think the stainless versions are much more attractive than the all black variants.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

VIP Member
    Congrats on the new gun.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Big gun, fatter than many prefer for carry. But oh so sweet. If nothing else, it'll likely be utterly reliable and effective. Great find!
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Very nice acquisition and it should serve you well. I've had this H&K 9mm USP for a few years and it's my primary carry weapon.

Sponsored Links