Some of us still carry Revolvers...

This is a discussion on Some of us still carry Revolvers... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; That 66 is SEXY...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Some of us still carry Revolvers...

That 66 is SEXY
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

2. Remove Ads

Those are some nice looking guns. I was thinking about a J Frame for EDC but while a revolver .38 was my first gun I ever fired (as a kid) I just can't see EDC'ing a revolver.

Thanks to the Chiappa Rhino .357, I am back to the revolver.

"Some of us still carry Revolvers... "

And it's in my pocket right now!!

Slow scopes, fast cars.
    'Chance favors the prepared mind' - Louis Pasteur

I have to admit I will be coming back later to see that 64 again. Man that jeweling is awesome. I have a few but my two favorite are my 3" model 65 and my 2" model 10. The 64 is certainly on my list. I don't see me shooting 357. I like a 3" but a 2" works better for my carry needs, I love the 10 except its blue and has a skinny front site. Did I mention that 64 is sexy.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    I just picked up a 686 plus, 2.5" yesterday range time tomorrow!!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I have to admit I will be coming back later to see that 64 again. Man that jeweling is awesome. I have a few but my two favorite are my 3" model 65 and my 2" model 10. The 64 is certainly on my list. I don't see me shooting 357. I like a 3" but a 2" works better for my carry needs, I love the 10 except its blue and has a skinny front site. Did I mention that 64 is sexy.
    The 3 inch 65 is perhaps the best revolver Smith and Wesson ever made in my opinion. Light, natural pointer, feels good in the hand, and very smooth.

I have to agree with you. The only time my model 10 snub gets the nod is when I carry in the appendix position. It's amazing the difference an inch can make in comfort.

I had shoulder surgery a couple of months ago, and can't carry my Colt Commander, so I found an absolutely flawless safe queen Colt Detective special to carry. I took the wood grips off(they were way too nice to mess up with EDC) replaced with Hogues. It has become my all time favorite carry gun. Disappears in everything I wear. My only gripe? I cannot find an OWB quality leather holster for a leftie...Pics soon, she's a beauty.....

Model 36 Chief' Special

I used to carry the CA 44 special bulldog pug. Love the gun. But now I carry my S/W model 36 Chief's Special. I do love revolvers.
    Attached Images
    wmhawth and Secret Spuk like this.
    NRA Life Member

Enjoyed this thread, some pretty stock here!

I too love revolvers. Never had a stove pipe in a revolver.
    I maybe have "a few", mostly in 38 spl and .357 including my first M-27 8-3/8 from 1973 and my much later SP101 DAO and the M-66, the M-64, M-19, and some 22s as well and then several Ruger SAs in .22, .22mag, and .357. I also have a Colt Det Spl bull barrel 38 spl in nickel .... would love a Python some day .... about 6" please on that one.
    I do however love both my P226 9mm and P229 .357 DAO.

Sandpiper, those are really nice looking!
    NRA Life Member

Few firearms are as beautiful and as wonderful as a great Colt,

S&W,

model 66 with 3" barrel
    (no round in chamber under hammer)

Or Ruger revolver

When it comes to defense revolvers, I prefer fixed sight models with 3" barrels. No locks, of course.

Lastly, one of these carried in a coat pocket can actually allow you to defend against an in-your-face threat without even having to pull your hand and the gun out of your coat pocket. Someone may think they have the jump on you, but you've got an instant surprise awaiting in your coat pocket. This is, for me, the ultimate defense advantage, in very close range encounters, offered by a no-snag (internal hammer) coat pocket revolver.

I'll pick an 18-round G17 or a 16-round G19 any day as a carry gun over one of these, because I am a firm believer that high capacity offers a huge advantage in a defensive situation and could easily make the difference between surviving your darkest day or not.

But I sure do love me some revolvers!

If I could not legally carry anything but a revolver, I would be thankful to have some great revos to press into carry duty.
    The clowns in government office see the solution to everything is write more laws, creating the ever-mounting morass of legal handicaps that we citizens must labor under.

STATE'S RIGHTS RULE and should be INVIOLATE. Feds butt out!

Distinguished Member Array Eric357's Avatar
    Dhart, what a line up. How do you like that 3 inch gp100. I've been thining of adding one of those. I must say those are all beautiful guns. I was last week thinking of picking me up a semiauto, but after looking at this thread and the super snubbie thread its hard not to want another revolver.

DHart - Now thats some good looking revolvers. I really like those detectives.
    CrystalPistol likes this.
    NRA Life Member

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links