I'm very excited! - Colt Commando - Page 2

I'm very excited! - Colt Commando

This is a discussion on I'm very excited! - Colt Commando within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I love my Colt LWT Commander. It was my first 1911 and it a one fine pistol. I know you will enjoy yours!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm very excited! - Colt Commando

South FL
    I love my Colt LWT Commander. It was my first 1911 and it a one fine pistol. I know you will enjoy yours!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by R040607 View Post
    Well, The pistol arrived just a few days ago, and I thought I'd post an update along with some pics.

Attachment 66917
    Attachment 66919
    Attachment 66920

I can't say enough about the quality of this particular pistol. I am very particular and I was not let down at all. The quality, fit and finish are all on par with my Ed Brown 1911. Yes, it's that good!

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, when these were manufactured in Colt's Custom Shop, they received a list of upgrades including: an undercut trigger guard, flat-top slide, flared ejection port, reliability package, and full dehorning. You can see some of this in the pictures.

I am particularly impressed with the way they use a cone barrel yet still mate it with the slide via a match bushing. It allows for lockup to be very tight.
    Good looking little pistol.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links