Re: Street Robberies and You.....The basics.
My loved ones have no price tag, I would be bummed....might have to pay more now, but can always get another gun(I hope)
from my phone
Calculate the other costs of a defensive shooting
If you are involved in a defensive shooting, the cost of the gun you use will be a minor factor in your expenses. Your other costs could include:
1. Legal fees - probably in the thousands.
2. Lost time at work for court appearances - probably in the thousands.
3. Medical costs for you if the attacker injured you.
4. Repairs to your home - bullet holes, blood stains.
5. Possible damage to your reputation due to adverse media coverage.
6. Mental stress from killing someone, even if justified.
Think of George Zimmerman in Florida and then ask yourself if losing a $500 Glock or a $1,000 1911 would really matter.