Street Robberies and You.....The basics. - Page 3

Street Robberies and You.....The basics.

This is a discussion on Street Robberies and You.....The basics. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If I were to use an inexpensive gun for SD and CCW....what am I suppose to do with the other ones? Keep them in a ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Street Robberies and You.....The basics.

If I were to use an inexpensive gun for SD and CCW....what am I suppose to do with the other ones? Keep them in a safe? Of course I am going to use the weapon that best suits me...so happens it is a Sig P228. If I have it confiscated I would be glad that I am alive to complain about trying to get it back
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    A buddy of mine shot a guy robbing his garage (justified shoot - long story).

The police had his SIG locked up for two years. When he finally got it back, it had a crude evidence number engraved into the slide. Boy was he mad!

I would proudly carry that SIG every day. I might even have the engraved evidence number inlaid with gold.

Jim
    FloridaBiker, WC145 and mano3 like this.

My brother used his in defense and killed his attacker. He got it back in 6 months. It was a very open and close case though with lots of witnesses. 32 rounds fired between the two of them. His attacker actually went out to his truck to reload.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    I carry what I consider to be perfectly adequate guns. In the carry safe in the closet are Glocks 19, 26, 36, P238, LCP, XDs. The most expensive was the P238. I'm good to go if I have to use one, I'll have another in the holster or pocket within 5 minutes of getting back home.

I'd like to get it back, but if I don't, so be it. I'll just carry a different one till I can buy a replacement. The two I like the best are the 19 and 26.

None of those guns are the first choice for home defense. The HD guns are a Mossberg 500 20-GA loaded with 3" magnum #2 buck and a G17 with rail light in the bed side safe. If the 17 is taken because it's used the 19 can replace it. If the shotgun is taken, I'll just get another 20-GA shotgun.

Truth be told, I regard defensive handguns as good for one event. If the bureaucracy came through and I got one back it would be a pleasant surprise.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

I agree with most of the above. It is just like an airbag in a car, if it is used then I needed it and hopefully it will save my life, it gets thrown away and replaced. If I do get the gun back, so be it, if not, I and my family are alive to get another one. I am going to use the gun that suits what I wear when I carry, I have a few different choices. I do not want a cheap gun if my life should be on the line, I want one that when I squeeze the trigger it goes bang every time!

Be safe!
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links