New purchase for girlfriend's CCW Weapon.

This is a discussion on New purchase for girlfriend's CCW Weapon. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello, Recently purchased the stainless version of the Taurus 738TCP in .380ACP for my girlfriend to carry. Does anyone here have any experience with this ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Coltman 77

Thread: New purchase for girlfriend's CCW Weapon.

New purchase for girlfriend's CCW Weapon.

Hello,

Recently purchased the stainless version of the Taurus 738TCP in .380ACP for my girlfriend to carry. Does anyone here have any experience with this little pistol? Any FTF's or other issues?

Also please suggest somewhere to locate another spare magazine. I've had no luck on the internet.

Thanks all

Matt

2. Remove Ads

Fla
    Just have to be patient and keep looking. Mags have been bought up since the 2nd amend buzz started.
    1 left from this guy at time of posting.
    Taurus 738 TCP Magazine 380 ACP 6RD Model 510738 UPC 725327608479 | eBay
    Another here
    TAURUS Model PT-738 Magazine [TAG510738] - $23.99 : Bear On A Rock, Gear for the Sportsman
    Just do a web search for 738 magazine. Many are out of stock but several are there.. Prices from 29 bucks to 40 bucks.

A search on ebay kicked back 4 sellers.
    NO Salt,Alcohol, Smoking,Caffeine,Chocolate,Meat,Anything Spicy,Gasoline,Weapons Except Stun Wands By Police,Contact Sports,Sex Other Than Virtual,Abortion,pregnancy Without A License,Non Educational Toys,Bad Language,Exchanging Bodily fluids Including Kissing,Aggressive Acts,Freedom Of Speech

The pistol seems top heavy to me. Didn't care for it. But as long as she shoots it well, that's all that matters.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Good luck to you, wish you'd asked our opinions before you bought her pistol.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

Fla
    Don't let the nah-sayers bother you. It is a good handgun. Clean it well as Taurus packs a lot of grease in it. Then polish the barrel and all the shiny bits. I have one and the only time I had a FTE was when I limp wristed it.
    NO Salt,Alcohol, Smoking,Caffeine,Chocolate,Meat,Anything Spicy,Gasoline,Weapons Except Stun Wands By Police,Contact Sports,Sex Other Than Virtual,Abortion,pregnancy Without A License,Non Educational Toys,Bad Language,Exchanging Bodily fluids Including Kissing,Aggressive Acts,Freedom Of Speech

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Hope you made the right chouice for your girl friend. Most of us have learned to help and pay for but not choice what our ladies shot!!

We have 2 of them in the family. Youngest 100lb daughter CC's one and wife has one for part time CC. Get a piece of inner tube for the grip or a slip on from hogue or pachmer to aid grip and comfort. Put some contrasting paint on the sites too may help. Black on the rear sight back side. Yellow works well or the front. As other said clean well and relube use good ammo and hope she enjoys it. They can be picky about sling shoting the slide with some HP on the first round but with a push to close the slide run fine. I polished my wifes barrel and slide on her SS model.

Links