My third Kahr... CM9

My third Kahr... CM9

This is a discussion on My third Kahr... CM9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Several,years ago, I started with a second hand CW9 that really was a nice gun. I never experienced a malfunction and the co- worker I ...

My third Kahr... CM9

Several,years ago, I started with a second hand CW9 that really was a nice gun. I never experienced a malfunction and the co- worker I sold it to absolutely loves it. The only thing I didn't like about it that wasn't easily remedied was the long DA type trigger. I was competing with 1911's at the time and the trigger was a real thorn. I regretted selling that gun, but moved on anyway.

More recently, an opportunity to pick up a second hand P380 came along and I was in the mood to try another pocket pistol. A friend of mine bought it new and put 70 rounds thru it without a hiccup. I experienced a handful of FTRBs, about 1/4 inch, that were resolved with a light tap to the back of the slide. It happened with a specific low end ammo, during the first 150 rounds thru the gun. After a clean and lube I have not been able to duplicate this failure, even with the same ammo. I now carry this gun almost every day. It works in pants that my 642 didn't. I also shoot it better than the revo. No more excuses for not having a gun.

Several weeks ago, I stumbled onto a CM9 while actually searching for a CW9. The owner said he had about 100 rounds thru it without a hitch. I've added more down the pipe with the same results. It really disappears under a regular fitting T shirt in my favorite IWB, the Comp-Tac 2'oclock, tucked or not. I think I'll keep it.

Neither of the two Kahrs I have can replace my preferred carry piece, but fill a niche, and they are doing it reliably. It's human nature, I guess, that we tend to post our problems and complaints and let our successes stay silent. There is a lot negative information floating around about Kahrs and I thought I'd post something positive. Great little guns in my experience.
    TY54712

Congrats! I'm glad your enjoying your new guns. I never shot a Kahr so I can't speak about them in a good or bad way.

I love my CM9 it goes with me everywhere! I carry it in a remora at about 4 oclock a great set up for me. GZood luck with yours.

Hmmm...just log on this evening to see if I could find any info on a Kahr CM9! I like shooting my S&W 649, but it is tough to conceal when the temps hit 100. I'll check back to see if anyone has any thoughts to add.

Everyone seems to love their kahrs. I recently purchased a kahr CW9 and man do I love it!

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    simonsay Oh man you have caught the kahr dezzzz. I also CC a revolver, for 20 years. Picked up a used cw9 but kept it and added a cm9 to the mix. Those two are my everday CC's to pick from.

Never had problems shooting other trigger systems and going back to my kahrs though. Great pistols for concealed carry.

I have a CM9. Love it! The only thing is that it's a pretty snappy shooter..But reliable for the 375 rounds that I've been able to put through it. Now I can't find ammo to shoot, and when I do the price is unreal!!!!

That's how they are going to control us is through the ammunition!
    Tony

I bought an early ticket on the Kahr bandwagon with a K9 back in the late 80's. Then came a K40 & eventually a T9. Along the way, they got approved for NYPD back-up duty. So, for over (whoa!) 20 years I have carried, shot & trusted Kahr handguns. Yet always the steel-framed models. Yep, they're on the heavy side but full-house .40 S&W ammo is a cakewalk in a K40 compared to a P40, especially if there's a now-discontinued Haarts Recoil-Reducing Guide Rod installed.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by bsms View Post
    Hmmm...just log on this evening to see if I could find any info on a Kahr CM9! I like shooting my S&W 649, but it is tough to conceal when the temps hit 100. I'll check back to see if anyone has any thoughts to add.

i shoot my CM-9 MUCH better than i can shoot my S&W 642. i'm faster and a great deal more accurate with the Kahr. both guns are normally carried in the right front pocket of docker-style pants, though with the CM-9 i'm experimenting with a Remora holster for IWB carry in different locations.

the Kahr is a "carried a lot, shoot a little" gun for me, but ZERO malfunctions of any kind so far with it, using five or six different brands/types of ammo, including Blazer aluminum case JHP's.

i did strip, clean and lube the gun before shooting it for the first time, and i strip, clean, and re-lube every few months even if i haven't fired it during that period.

and the CM-9 shoots EXACTLY where the sights look (for me), with every 115 grain ammo i've tried

what's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by bsms View Post
    Hmmm...just log on this evening to see if I could find any info on a Kahr CM9! .
    The CM9 is also New York compliant... if that matters.

:0
    TY54712

I ran another 100 thru my CM9 today with zero issues , half FMJ and half HP. also stretched out the CZ Rami alloy 9 to about 20 yards with good results. The CM is my 5th Kahr. U can't beat CZ, S'field and Kahr.

Links