New Kimber Ultra Raptor II

This is a discussion on New Kimber Ultra Raptor II within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Decided to rotate my carry weapon from Glock P26 to Kimber Ultra Raptor II (see Avatar). I had to look around to find one as ...

Thread: New Kimber Ultra Raptor II

Decided to rotate my carry weapon from Glock P26 to Kimber Ultra Raptor II (see Avatar). I had to look around to find one as Kimbers seem to be in short supply these days (along with alot of other stuff!). I had the weapon transferred to my local gun store/range, which is typically well stocked will all kinds of options. I was shocked to see the shelves bare of all things semi-automatic. They said the wait for high capacity mags was one year!

I haven't had a chance to fire this one yet and I am in the market for leather if anyone has any suggestions. I prefer OWB.

BTW - this becomes my second Kimber. The big brother is a "Warrior".

I've got the Ultra Raptor II, in blue finish, and love it.

I use the Desantis Speed Scabbard as my every day OWB holster, and an old Jackass Leather (Galco Now) shoulder holster called the Miami Classic. The Speed Scabbard holds in tight to my body if cinched down well, and there are no thumb breaks or anything else to inhibit my draw. I've used this holster for all of my carry guns for years, to include a Glock Models 22 & 27, Sig P239, and various 1911's.

Be safe.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Thank you for the suggestion! I'll check it out.

I use a Bianchi Model 58 PI for when I carry OWB. It is canted further so I can use it as a SOB holster too if I ever want it to serve in that role. Haven't used it much yet for my UC2, I mostly carry IWB. That is a gorgeous gun by the way.
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Thank You Bgusty - I like the option of SOB carry. If it came with the ability to use without removing your belt it would be perfect!

Yeah. As much as I would like to get some of those truly custom holsters, it is hard to justify spending that much before ever even seeing it though.
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Re: New Kimber Ultra Raptor II

My brother has exact model as yours. It's a little fire cracker. Great weight and great shot. When he got his last Feb. That particular model was actually hard to find. (I helped him find it) you will enjoy it. Has more punch then glock 30sf. Over all great gun and have fun.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Sponsored Links