Taurus slim 9

Taurus slim 9

This is a discussion on Taurus slim 9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone ever owned a slim 9, if so like to know the pros and cons on one....

Thread: Taurus slim 9

Taurus slim 9

Anyone ever owned a slim 9, if so like to know the pros and cons on one.

I dont own one, But i shot my friends. The thing i like about it the most, is the slimness of The gun. The only thing that i did not like about it, was the trigger felt rough. But with a 25cent trigger job, it was smoothed out. Over all it is not a bad gun for CCW. Hell i own the Taurus slim .380.

thanks for your info, does your slim 380 work well for you?

I've had my PT709 Stainless Slide for 4 years or so. Been a GREAT gun. over 2,000 rounds through it and NEVER a problem. Accurate little gun and easy to carry. I think its fun to shoot too. Being small, thin, and light it has quite a bit of perceived recoil if that's an issue for you. It also has tight tolerances, so you have to clean it often. It's designed for concealed carry, not as a roll it around in the mud all terrain range and military underwater navy seal tactical gun. The manual says clean it every 200 rounds. When I go to the range, I take a boresnake and gunzilla and run it through before I reach 200. No problems. Try different types of ammo in it too to make sure they will feed and eject properly. Hornady Critical Defense runs like clockwork in mine. I think they are highly under-rated and I've seen some really great deals on some new ones lately.

A buddy of mine has a PT740 and I've shot it quite a bit. Honestly, I think I like it better than my 9. To me, recoil is about the same.

I hope this helps.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Links